Respirator/cartridges?

Submitted by Doug on 1/30/05 at 9:50 AM. ( ) 64.18.236.173

I am using a Sellstrom respirator with OV/P100 filters. I figure its time to replace the filters. I've surfed many sites and can't find a vendor of this make. The Sellstrom homepage does not offer direct sales and I was unable to get a response from their out-of-state vendors(2). I am going to change to a brand that is readily available. I'd like some advice from anyone who has a good/effective respirator and knows where to get replacement cartridges for it. I am a fish guy and need protection from particulate matter(foam and plaster dust, paint particles), fumes(lacquer, thinners, and alcohols, and...my dog...eh? Thanks.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Doug,

This response submitted by Jim B on 1/30/05 at 11:21 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

I have had the same problem my entire career.Everytime I get a respirator I like,I can't find cartridges.My current ones are starting to need parts and the distributor is a pain to deal with so I am about ready to buy a new one myself.I think this time I am going to get an air-supplied unit,which is pretty expensive but they are good.For plaster and foam dust only,I use the paper dust masks-easier to put on and take off,but not for fumes.Anyway,I think I am going to purchase mine from www.spraygundepot.com.They seem to have about everything you might need and prices seem in line.They have the cartridge masks and filters,some nice touch-up guns to.Check them out and see what you think.

Meijers

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/30/05 at 11:57 AM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 152.163.100.135

They carry some good ones for abour $25. Cartridges are replaceable & in stock. Peace- Jeff F.

Army Surpluss

This response submitted by Bradlee on 1/30/05 at 1:02 PM. ( ) 12.215.49.73

Gasmask . Always can be found at any surpluss store . Alittle overboard but safe as can be ! Bradlee

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu