Submitted by Doug on 1/30/05 at 9:50 AM. ( )

I am using a Sellstrom respirator with OV/P100 filters. I figure its time to replace the filters. I've surfed many sites and can't find a vendor of this make. The Sellstrom homepage does not offer direct sales and I was unable to get a response from their out-of-state vendors(2). I am going to change to a brand that is readily available. I'd like some advice from anyone who has a good/effective respirator and knows where to get replacement cartridges for it. I am a fish guy and need protection from particulate matter(foam and plaster dust, paint particles), fumes(lacquer, thinners, and alcohols, Thanks.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

This response submitted by Jim B on 1/30/05 at 11:21 AM. ( )

I have had the same problem my entire career.Everytime I get a respirator I like,I can't find cartridges.My current ones are starting to need parts and the distributor is a pain to deal with so I am about ready to buy a new one myself.I think this time I am going to get an air-supplied unit,which is pretty expensive but they are good.For plaster and foam dust only,I use the paper dust masks-easier to put on and take off,but not for fumes.Anyway,I think I am going to purchase mine from seem to have about everything you might need and prices seem in line.They have the cartridge masks and filters,some nice touch-up guns to.Check them out and see what you think.

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/30/05 at 11:57 AM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol )

They carry some good ones for abour $25. Cartridges are replaceable & in stock. Peace- Jeff F.

Army Surpluss

This response submitted by Bradlee on 1/30/05 at 1:02 PM. ( )

Gasmask . Always can be found at any surpluss store . Alittle overboard but safe as can be ! Bradlee

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu