Sore loosers

Submitted by Mike G on 1/31/05 at 10:14 AM. ( earnhardtgw3@aol.com ) 198.81.26.77

I sold a set of B&C offically scored antlers on the forsale page over the weekend. My customer did'nt want to go through the hassel of ebay, so I listed them on this site. Had many emails, over 15 in the first hour. I know they were reasonably priced, so selling them will be no problem. To be fair I took the emails in order and the second person had the cash and wanted the score sheet faxed to him. It took less than 5 minutes to put this all together. He excepted the sale and paid with a credit card. So to be nice I emailed all of the people who emailed me, and some were nice and some others were, well lets just say A-holes. How do you be fair to all without pissing someone off. I deal with alot of great people on this site and will continue to do so, but the asses that just have to flip crap make it very hard to.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Mike..

This response submitted by tomdes on 1/31/05 at 10:29 AM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 148.183.241.22

That's retail man, you'll get that down in NYC at Macy's, it doesn't matter where you are. It's all about up-bringing and if they were ever trained in MANNERS. There are always jerks out there and always will be. I wish I could say it will get better, but with all that crap reality TV out there, I think it's going to bring out more jerks. You did the best you could in an fair, orderly process, screw the jerks...

What more could you do?

This response submitted by Brian on 1/31/05 at 10:41 AM. ( ) 66.43.204.96

You only had one set so you couldn't sell to all of them. Your only choice was to go by the order in which they contacted you. I would only suggest that next time you mention in your "for sale" ad that you will contact potential customers in the order in which they contact you, that way they know that it is first come first serve. I wouldn't let it bother me.

You had an agreement with the buyer--it was SOLD

This response submitted by Junipera on 1/31/05 at 11:06 AM. ( ) 66.66.1.216

I sold a huge piano for $15. Just as I agreed to let a guy go to the ATM to get the cash, a woman came to the door saying, "that's just the kind I was looking for, I'll give you $xxx NOW".
I had to stick with the original agreement and told her that she would find another, sorry--I'd give her a call if for some strange reason the deal fell through.
A deal is a deal.

What gets me is...

This response submitted by marty on 1/31/05 at 11:17 AM. ( ) 24.15.103.189

...you've got these idiots' email addresses! Not to mention being sore losers, but with viruses and spam and such nowadays, I'm really careful about whom I tick off - expecially the ones with my email address!

I've been on both sides of the coin with this one. Once, I went to look at an old Kombi (VW Camper Van) and made an offer and the guy accepted. Went to hand him $300 cash for a deposit and told him I'd be back tomorrow with the rest of the cash and he said "no, first one with the cash gets it". What an idiot! It was 8 pm at night, where did he expect me to find a bank open? Luckily, nobody else could either. Went back the next morning and handed him $2200 cash. Turned around and sold for $3000 a cpuple months later - ha-ha-ha!

Talk is cheap! CASH gets results!

This response submitted by KIM on 1/31/05 at 2:11 PM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

First come, first served! With CASH, of course!

Deal is a deal

This response submitted by Bradlee on 1/31/05 at 5:48 PM. ( ) 12.215.49.73

First to make that dael wins .Just my 0.02 cants worth . Bradlee

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu