I was called a Bohemian ?

Submitted by duckfeathers on 1/31/05 at 5:16 PM. ( ) 68.236.35.234

Over the weekend I attended a party for a well healed client. He wanted his latest taxidermy mounts showcased at the gala and thats how I got invited(out of my league). While standing at the taxidermy an attractive women came over to me and said "Wow a real Bohemian".
I didn't know what she meant so I just causally smiled back at her.
The only time I could ever recall this term was something about a Bohemian general and it sounded negative but this womens comment seemed like a friendly come on. When I got home I checked in the dictionary. There were a few definitions such as a "Czech dialect", "a vagabond", and the kicker "a person living an unconventional life". Can anyone enlighten me whether this term was used fondly or whatever. Explain it if you can. Please be kind and rescue me. Thanks.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I've been called worse

This response submitted by Danny on 1/31/05 at 5:40 PM. ( ) 65.214.185.14

A nonconformist writer or artist who lives an unconventional life.
Sounds like she likes Bohemian's. Go with it.
I was talking to a woman that I work with about taxidermy, and got into methods and techniques. She said "you're quite the renassance man". I kind of dug that. And yes, it was a come on. LOL

You need another dictionary

This response submitted by George on 1/31/05 at 5:47 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

But whatever you do, don't borrow Cecils. A Bohemian is a person with artistic or literary interests who disregard conventional standards of behavior. In other words, she was telling you that you were out of your league. LOL. She recognized your artistic ability, but was reminding you that in her hoity toity circles, dead animals hanging on the wall is considered "gauche".

I thought it.........................

This response submitted by Paul B on 1/31/05 at 6:18 PM. ( bears@att.net ) 24.236.222.46

A type of beer. I think Stroh's was Bohemian Beer. You didn't have a Stroh's beer in hand did ya.

PB

George, you goof

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/31/05 at 6:29 PM. ( ) 67.138.10.170

She was calling him a bohemian, one who goes and creates his artistic form, without regard to what others might think, led only by his own calling and creativity. It was a compliment. George, like Jeanette being nice to YOU, hahaha!

Us Bohemians

This response submitted by cur on 1/31/05 at 7:36 PM. ( ) 4.227.11.75

Are rare. Society ladies love us, at least for a little while. We are fantasy fulfillers. What George said. Bohemians led many new cultural changes in America and Europe. We called them, "Beatniks" in the 1960's, and earlier they were the "Fauves"- the wild men of Europe. We are know for farting and belching and having cockle burrs in untended hair. Hoity Toity women get sick of slick men with slick lines and daydream about making love on the back of a Harley at 80mph.....Next time that happens just roll your lip and growl softly at her, see what happens....LOL

Next Time...........

This response submitted by Could not resist on 1/31/05 at 7:44 PM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

Next time that happens by one of the "ladies", simply look at her, smile, and lick your eyebrows......

The Encyclopedia of Bad Taste

This response submitted by Junipera on 1/31/05 at 9:01 PM. ( ) 66.66.1.216

has an entry for Taxidermy, along with Elvis & Mood Rings.

She was

This response submitted by Alex on 1/31/05 at 10:38 PM. ( ) 66.32.125.148

Telling you to take a shower and dress in clean cloths,LOL

"But whatever you do, don't borrow Cecils."

This response submitted by Cecil on 2/1/05 at 6:27 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.245

What the heck is that supposed to mean George?

I'll tell you what. I won't push my dictionary on you if you don't push your grammar book O.K.? You sentence should have an apostrophe to show possession. LOL

Poor boy ,nobody loves you

This response submitted by Freddy Mercury on 2/1/05 at 7:44 AM. ( ) 67.140.204.154

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for you.

LMAO Cecil

This response submitted by George on 2/1/05 at 8:29 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

It took you long enough. LOL BTW, my grammar and syntax are usually a result of renting fingers on a cheap keyboard rather than my recognizing it being incorrect. LOL

Yeah that's my excuse too George

This response submitted by Cecil on 2/1/05 at 9:40 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.245

LOL

Hey Freddy butt out. LMAO

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu