Wally and Wally's Wife

Submitted by Jason The Nutty Host Guy on 2/1/05 at 7:06 PM. ( jason@nuttyhost.com ) 24.118.253.34

This is in response to the previous threads about web sites and i do apologize for not dropping it, but I do have a question.

I just want to say right off the bat, thank you to the many who had such nice words to say about me with this. I was out ice fishing this last week otherwise I would have posted right away. Also, I want to say that I have no ill feelings towards Wally or Wally's Wife, so please do not take this thread as a negative look upon you, I think that this is a free country and anyone should be allowed to offer up a service for what we can do for taxidermists. The only things I want to say about your site is that it is loading slow on my computer too and you probably want to put some more META tag information on there, but it is not bad. Remember, not everyone has high speed yet, so it should be faster loading for the 56k modem people. Check it out with a Netscape browser, maybe it is just with those IE browsers that it loads faster? You probably want to consider removing the frames and scripts as well since not everyone's browser supports them, which is another reason why the site might be loading slowly. But, if you are using the templates with this, I am not sure if it allows you to not have the scripts. If you know how to make them from scratch using something like Dreamweaver, then you should try doing it that way. Other than that, it is an ok site and hope you guys get some orders from it. So, please do not take this negatively, but rather a little help to get you started. I really do wish you the best and hope you can make some sites for some of the taxidermists out there who need them.

I think that what I offer is a real good deal for taxidermists looking for a web site. At only $12.99 a month (at this time) and a one-time $20 you really can't go wrong. http://www.nuttyhost.com/taxidermyspecial.html I also do updates throughout the subscription for free.

Yes, I am trying to get as many hosting clients as I can and I am willing to put for the hours of labor to do what I enjoy for you just to get the small amount of only $165 per year right now, yes per YEAR. Since I spend an average of about 30 hrs with updates, design and all the other hoopla that goes on with this over the year, I get less than $6 an hour. I know it seems nutty to do this and I am a little nutty (in a good way :), but I enjoy doing this alot and have developed a bunch of new friends. Also, with the help of hidetanning.net and Glen Conley, we have been able to get high ranking on a lot of sites when you put in my clients state and TAXIDERMIST after it. Not just TAXIDERMIST. Maybe down the road my sites will be able to get in on that one individual keyword, but it is tough keyword to get top rankings on without paying pay per click advertising, for which you would spend a fortune and get poor results since people from Europe and other countries or non-locals might click on your page, but once they see you are in the U.S. they will just look elsewhere, but they would still get charged their click cost. I do not sell or SPAM my clients about advertising or anything else, but I would tell them how to do it if they asked.

Also, about the backgrounds: I agree, dark colors for backgrounds are not really a great color to go with unless you have some contrasting images and text to go with it, but I do what my client desires, for which I know you will run into that after you get some web site customers.

Question for Wally's Wife: I am not sure what you mean by the blurred text and would like to know which site(s) you are referring to please so I can fix them.

Also, I do not use a Front Page editor with "cookie cutter" web site templates. To be honest, pretty much everything I make is from scratch using the content my clients give me, with the exception of some partial graphics I used from a template on one site, but I would say 99% are all me. All of my logos are by me, none are templates, with the exception of the logos that some of my clients already had and I reworked them to incorporate them into their site.

I actually use an old version of software that probably no one uses anymore, but it seems to help with our high rankings, so I am sticking with it, but FrontPage is ok, just that it has some restrictions.

I know I am not the greatest web designer out there, nor the worst, but it seems to be working for my clients.

I can take on only 7 more clients right now at $12.99 a month, but I am raising it to $15.99 a month after these 7 since I am repeatedly told that I am not charging enough for these services. I realize it may go out of the realm of what some taxidermists are willing to pay, but the visibility and payback is well worth it, not to forget to mention that you can feel more "21st century" by having your web site address on your business cards and show your potential local customers what you can do. I'm not sure, but I think a stack of business cards are about the same price as what I can do for Taxidermists, yet you cannot get all your pictures and text on a 2x3 card like you can on the web sites I have created. I'm tellin' ya, this is worth your investment.

I'll even back it up with one of my famous nutty guarantees: If you don't make your investment back on the taxidermy web site I make for you over your year subscription, I will refund you and you can keep the site. I am confident that you will make your investment back each year, most likely alot more, but if you don't, ya got nothing to lose. You would just have to find another host though, which would most likely be anywhere from $8-15 a month anyway, and that's just for hosting, no updates, no toll free number to call with questions. It's a win/win situation for us all. Take advantage of my offer while you still can and start making some orders you probably are missing out on since so little know you even have a taxidermy shop.

Again, I hope I have not offended anyone, or seem negative, because that is not my intention.

Best regards,
Jason

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

website

This response submitted by Randy on 2/1/05 at 8:17 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

Jasons websites are the best offer going. I am no computer guru in the smallest strech of imagination. He has told me what to do and how to do it. He is working a site for me now. After seeing the site he done for Jeanette's taxidermy. I called him and it is almost done in less than a week. His prices are extremly cheap, and if he needs to raise the price I will continue with his service. He has been an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to work with. Best Regards, Randy

Just so my Clients and Future Clients Know...

This response submitted by Jason (nuttyhost guy) on 2/2/05 at 1:37 AM. ( jason@nuttyhost.com ) 24.118.253.34

..All clients that already have accounts going with me will not get an increase in their subscription for 3 years from the start of your account. The only increase you get after 3 years is maybe a $1 extra per month ($12/yr (just a couple o' burgers at the bar, if I ever meet any of you clients of mine! hint, hint. Ha!) for 3 yrs after that. Wow, what a deal! So, whatever amount you are paying now for your subscription through me, your rate will only increase by $1.00 a month after 3 yrs. Then, after the first 3 yrs, it will increase by only $1/a month thereafter for 3 years, and so on until it reaches $19.99. This is due to future inflation and rising costs for me, but I still think it is reasonable, and this is over a long span of time, many yrs. For some of my clients, it would take 33 yrs to get to the $19.99 subscription. Now, I understand that this is a long time and many clients might not be with me after that many years, but as long as I'm still kickin' and have a computer, I will be there for ya. Also, If you have stayed with me that long, I am sure you will have seen what the power of the web can do for your business. I hope that you will see that this is very reasonable, but I am all ears to hear it differently. Let me know.

Thanks to all ahead of time,
Jason

Jason

This response submitted by Bob Mead on 2/2/05 at 12:03 PM. ( meadtaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 63.162.143.21

I'll better you on the burger and buy you a full steak dinner if ever we meet!

The site you designed for me has been getting me on the average of 5-10 inquires a week, and is fast becoming an invaluable marketing tool for the studio. I got a $4000 job from a visitor to my site two days ago, so as far as I'm concerned, the life of the site is already paid in full. It gets high rankings on searches, and I am getting inquiries from all over the place. In my opinion, if the taxidermy work is priced properly, one job generated by a website will more than pay for the hosting.

This is a great deal, Jason is a great guy to work with, and the results are in the bank. The New Mexico Taxidermy Association will be having our site built by Jason as well, so Jason, I guess you're now down to 6 new clients at the old price! Thanks a million!

BTW, I like the black background on my site ;-)!

Bob Mead
www.meadtaxidermystudio.com

Bob, I like the...

This response submitted by marty on 2/2/05 at 7:20 PM. ( ) 24.15.103.189

...black background too - lol!

My only critique (and you all know I ain't shy about offering my two cents - lol!), is I would prefer the links to the pages to change color and stay that changed color. That way you know where you've navigated already.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu