Cummins Turbo Diesel, Ford Powerstroke,or the Chevy Duramax?

Submitted by Orion on 2/2/05 at 12:47 AM. ( orionshunting@msn.com ) 4.63.118.191

i know this is not taxidermy related but oh well. I just got done going down to the ford dealership to test run the new superduty ford powerstroke diesel. I like to test out new vehicles to see the performance, and its a pretty good truck. i really like the suspension that comes with it but dont really care for the transmission (hard to shift)and that oversize engine that comes with it. it feels like the powerstroke cant come close to the dodge cummins diesel motor. although its a in line 6, it just feels that it got it all but not the cab space that the ford has. now lets talk about the chevy duramax. since its a motor that isuzu makes i personally dont care for it. but that allison transmission is awesome. chevy also has more accessories for their truck than any other truck. which makes up for that duramax that it has. what would be crazy if they would all get together and make the finest truck. this is how i would do it- the body and suspension of a ford, transmission from chevy, and last but not least the cummins engine from dodge. this is just my opinion. but anyway, what do you feel is the best truck in the market and why?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Dodge !

This response submitted by Buckeye on 2/2/05 at 12:53 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.134

Because that's what I'm makin' payments on. Just kidding. I was always a "Ford Man" but I to looked at all models when I was ready to buy. I went with the Dodge, but I guess it's personnel preference. Good Luck to ya, and I hope you like which ever one you go with.

Cummins

This response submitted by Tom on 2/2/05 at 1:08 AM. ( ) 207.19.167.251

You can't go wrong with the cummins motor. I do not like Dodge trucks, but that is a helluva motor. I wish they would put one in the chevy trucks!

ford all the way

This response submitted by rj peets on 2/2/05 at 7:19 AM. ( ) 216.171.187.172

had ford all my life. a dodge is a dodge is a dodge. if you want a pickup, buy a dodge or a chevy. if you want a truck, buy a FORD.

Buy a Ford

This response submitted by Brian on 2/2/05 at 8:10 AM. ( down south ) 205.188.116.134

If you want a good truck buy a ford dually.
Ive had them all and the only one to last is a Ford
I haul cattle and tractors and dozers on my dually same thing i hauled on dodge and chevy but the ford is still rolling

Trucks

This response submitted by Jay on 2/2/05 at 8:18 AM. ( goblue@mtc.net ) 216.105.216.210

Dodge by far! Had two friends in Maine buy the Chevy both of them are junk.. They wouldn't start and paint fell off of one of them. They don't have Chevys anymore. Both paid over $42,000 very upset. Also brother has Ford Super Duty Diessel, Hates it. Look on the news with all the crap going on with Ford, runaway

i have a ....

This response submitted by Griz on 2/2/05 at 11:12 AM. ( ) 69.66.35.202

2500hd duramax and i love it... i am very familiar with fords and they ain't got what my chevy has until the put the superchip in it- which voids the warranty, i would love to see what my chevy would do to theirs if i put the chip in.... one of the biggest reasons i would recommend chevy is their allison tranny, it really is nice. I have been around dodge a little but not enough to judge them, i have heard both sides to the argument on dodges

Check out the service dept first

This response submitted by Paul I on 2/2/05 at 7:09 PM. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.35.226

First check out the dealers reputation.All trucks have good and bad points but if your paint peels or is does not start are they going to take care of you? This should be one of your major concerns.Go talk to others in your town and compare dealers.Ps Chevy rides real nice on long trips.

new truck

This response submitted by mike on 2/2/05 at 9:18 PM. ( ) 216.139.121.40

Peterbuilt,kenworth,and ford powerstroker is building a new line of trucks, They are going to call them a Peterworthstroken.

Ford Ford Ford

This response submitted by ByGolly on 2/3/05 at 11:34 AM. ( ) 63.170.184.201

My 1996 1 ton ford crewcab has 310,000 on it and is still strong. Did have to replace transmission at about 200,000 ($3800) but other than that just maintenance (brakes, batteries ect). Power Stroke engine has been changed very little over the years (if something aint broke don't fix it). When I'm done with this one, I will buy another one.

My Ford is sexy

This response submitted by randall J. Hanford on 2/14/05 at 11:19 PM. ( ranhan@com-pair.net ) 66.81.225.107

I love my F-350 dully ps crew. The power,the ride,the performance is what I call sexy. until she lets Me down I'll drive Her with pride. Sorry Ford bashers.

CHEVROLET ALL THE WAY!

This response submitted by BALLS on 2/17/05 at 10:44 PM. ( ) 67.182.43.145

Iv always owned CHEVYS and always will. I currently have a 2500hd DURAMAX with 350,000 on the original motor,tranny,and rearend. I love the truck wouldnt sell it for anything else. I out tow and out pull my friends with dodges,and fords. But i got a say if i had to pike between dodge and ford i would pick the dodge. But as long as CHEVYS are around i will always drive CHEVYS.Remember there the longest lasting trucks on the road.

truck question

This response submitted by luis duran on 2/23/05 at 11:08 PM. ( mtzlala@sbcglobal.net ) 68.20.212.189

if you have to buy a 5 year old diesel truck .Wich one would you buy?

"LIKE A ROCK" CHEVROLET THE BEST

This response submitted by CHEVY MAN on 2/26/05 at 4:46 PM. ( ) 63.189.224.167

I've been around them all Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. The only thing I've owned has been chevy. My 1995 ChevyTurboDiesel 6.5L is the best. I never get stuck and their is nothing I can't do even in 30 some inches of snow. It seems to me that the only thing you see on the side of the road any more is FORD. The name stands for it self Found ON Road Dead. Now Dodge is a good truck, but I don't like the tranny. I have a friend that has owned 2 Ford trucks and the tranny has went out orthe engine has blew. He had a 2004 F-350 Turbo Diesel and the engine blew with 10K miles on it and with the new engine in it blew up again and I tell him save a "Ford Drive A Chevy."

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu