I had this conversation with a young lady not so long ago when she happen to hear I was a Taxidermist....this is pretty much how the conversation went... and I was polite (-;
anti .... you must be a real sick person!
Kiwi.... I know but don't tell the wife....(-:
anti... I think what you do is not right and God would be ashamed of you.....
Kiwi... God you say ?....
anti .. yes God" he created these animals to wander free ......
Kiwi... Ummmmm ...I See... So... did God created US as well ? ....
anti ... YES he did.......
Kiwi ....So... then God created you to go around saving and caring for animals etc did he? .......
anti... yes that's right God gave me a HEART! .......
Kiwi ..... hmmmmmm.... I see So.. that means God must have thought a Darn sight more of Me! than he did You!...
anti....what do you mean ? with a Blank stare at me...
Kiwi...Because God has given me the "ALMIGHTY GIFT" to RECREATE! his Creations and BRING them back to LIFE! after death for all to see until eternity..........
anti...(speechless for a minute or so... then )............ uuugggggg YOUR still a SICK PERSON.....
Kiwi..... Like I said....... DON'T tell the wife! (-: (-;
She just didn't know what to say to me after I said that.... and nowadays I use it all the time when I get a anti towards what I do .... and sure enough they don't have a answer for it !
Just thought I would share it with Yall!
Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu
I have never been approached by an anti. But I will have to remember your conversation if it ever happens.
When they start spouting "God", I've got them nailed. I ask them if they believe in God and they always respond that they do. Then I ask them if they believe the Old Testament is a blueprint of God's handiwork, and they can't help themselves any longer. Of course they do. Then I ask them to read Genesis 9:2-3.
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the air, upon everthing that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the seas; into your hands they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."
I have also told them The water is my Pickle keeps my food preserved when Im ready to harvest it...... the bush is my cover to stop my food going bad in the heat of the sun......
Your day will come Todd (-:
an Anti engages me in this kind of conversation, I just ask them if it's politically correct to recycle. They always say "yes". Then I tell them that's all I'm doing when I mount a game animal or fish. Rather than see it go to waste, we "bring it back to life" so to speak for all to enjoy! They walk away frustrated, and I have a big smile!
A lady in our hometown was on us for years about harvesting deer. "How beautiful they are" "It's noy fair to them" "They don't have a chance" "Something should be done to stop it". Well it continued until one day while she was driving home and one of these "Beautiful little things" planted itself on the hood of her car, causing $1800 worth of damage and all the sudden she wanted to sew the state for not keeping them off the road. Don't get me wrong I hate to see anyone in an accident, but would'nt you know it, she's not an Anti-Hunter anymore. Funny how things work out.
My wife and I often take long rides in the evenings to relax and watch deer in all the different areas. She loves seeing deer as much as anyone and always says how beautiful they are, but she also says she can't understand why people are against hunting them, she even has started hunting with me the past few years. I don't think people would like to see a deer starve to death, or die of a disease that comes with starvation and in my opinion that's what would happen in a very short amount of time without hunters controlling the population. I say we just enjoy hunting and be thankful for the food that god has provided for us. Good Luck to all of you.
Let them know about these points as well George.
. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of
mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two
different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend).
He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16.
Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
laws and requirements are no longer binding. The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ fullfilled all those requirements.
Even when those laws were in effect, they were only meant for the Israelites(Jews). Not to get too serious, when I know you were only funning. Just thought I'd answer your question.
When a girl accuses me of being an evil taxidermist, I just point and exclaim, "LOOK, AN EAGLE!" when she turns to see it, I walk away from her...
That's A good one!