Freight Carrier?

Submitted by Lex on 2/4/05 at 10:33 AM. ( ) 137.190.162.30

I have been shipping mounts cross-country for awhile, but lately the rates have been going way up. I am wanting to try other carriers. I currently use ABF to ship. Any suggestions on another carrier that might lower the cost of my client's? Any links? Help me out. Thanks

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Fed EX Freight

This response submitted by Jim on 2/4/05 at 10:50 AM. ( ) 24.10.136.29

I tried Fed EX Freight on my last shipment and saved my client 100.00 . That was even with my ABF discount. I also use FED EX ground for my deer sized mounts because they take larger size boxes than say UPS. One phone call and you can get a quote.

Lex

This response submitted by JD on 2/4/05 at 10:54 AM. ( ) 216.31.72.219

I recently had to ship a 5'x4' fossil from New York to New Mexico. It was crated and went Air/Ground. It only cost me $150.00. The name of the Company was BAX GLOBAL. I've never used them before certainly not for shipping mounts. But the service was quick and friendly. It might be worth further investigation on your part.

Greyhound 0r Trailways

This response submitted by James Parrish on 2/4/05 at 11:28 AM. ( ) 204.211.171.11

Shipping on the bus is fairly cheap if the person on the other end doesn't mind picking it up at the bus station. You can send a large, 100lb crate for ~$70-80.

Freight Benefits

This response submitted by Cindy on 2/4/05 at 2:44 PM. ( Ntahq@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

Freight Benefits is a program for NTA members. This offers savings up to 52-percent with the countries largest less-than-truckload carrier, Yellow Frieght. Discounts apply on inbound collect, outbount prepaid and third party shipments. NTA members who currently have lower discounts with Yellow Freight can take advantage of these rates as well as companies who ship with othr LTL carriers.

If you are an NTA member, an enrollment application is required to activate your Yellow Freight discount. We are confident that this benefit is a meaningful savings.

Fordward air

This response submitted by Alex on 2/4/05 at 3:08 PM. ( ) 66.32.154.40

Check your city for them, no one can beat them for large crates.

Old Diminion Trucking

This response submitted by Al on 2/4/05 at 4:53 PM. ( uniquewildlife@houston.rr.com ) 134.163.253.127

Try these guys. They are very reasonable. http://www.unishippers.com/old_dominion.asp

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu