What do you guys know about "accounts" with Fed Ex

Submitted by Cecil on 2/5/05 at 11:53 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.233

and other carriers that drop the cost of shipping? I had a customer in Alaska that I overnight shipped some fish to via Fed Ex a year or two ago, and it the cost was quite low for that particular parcel because he had an account. What would be the cost of setting up an account etc?

I know I can find this out for myself, but I thought I would just get a preliminary response.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Fedx

This response submitted by Mr. T on 2/5/05 at 12:21 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.133

There is FedEx Express for overnight, second and third day services. Then there is FedEx ground. They also have FedEx freight for the big stuff.
Express will pick up the same day if you call before a set time that day.
For the slower ground service, a different bird altogether, this service is farmed out, you need to call the day before to schedule a pickup. This is a hassle for the FedEx ground drivers get paid a commission on what they pick up per box, and they go through drivers like diarrhea and you can never count on someone picking up. The Express service is the one to use, very dependable. To set up an account, all you have to do is call them. You can have daily service if you have allot to ship. We only call when we need to ship out. Go online to find the service center closest to you. It shouldn't cost anything to set up an account. If you ship daily, they have software so you can use you're computer to make shipments.
Good luck Cecil.

And also

This response submitted by Mr. T on 2/5/05 at 12:25 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.133

If you have an account, it is cheaper to ship to someone else that has an account with them also. You dont need an account to ship with them, they give you a break as a business if you do.

More thoughts

This response submitted by Paul Czarnecki on 2/5/05 at 12:48 PM. ( ) 66.211.206.114

I have both FedEx Express and FedEx Ground accounts. Scheduling a pickup takes 2 minutes and if you do it online you save even more. It costs nothing to set up and maintain. You are only sent a bill after you ship. I use other carriers as well but FedEx works best for me.
MY GOD, I sound just like the TV ad!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu