is all blood the same size?

Submitted by Griz on 2/6/05 at 2:32 PM. ( ) 69.66.35.182

I mean are elephant blood cells the same size as mice blood cells? I was wondering about this, this morning and i can't even remember why i was wondering about it but if i remember maybe i can fill you in why i would think of such a dumb question.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Yep

This response submitted by Doug on 2/6/05 at 3:16 PM. ( ) 64.18.238.234

That's my theory and I've seen the blood of a LOT of critters under the microscope.

Yes!

This response submitted by Debbie on 2/6/05 at 5:50 PM. ( ) 205.231.30.138

All blood cells (red blood cells, white blood cells, ect) are the same size no matter what the species.

thank you

This response submitted by Griz on 2/6/05 at 6:09 PM. ( ) 69.66.85.123

if you think about it, it is kinda cool,

Law of the Jungle

This response submitted by duckfeathers on 2/6/05 at 6:54 PM. ( ) 151.197.19.213

As per Rudyard Kipling, "We are all of one blood".

Yes

This response submitted by Alex on 2/7/05 at 10:39 AM. ( ) 66.32.107.33

An elephant just has more blood volume to be able to carry the proper amount of oxygen to the brain, imagine if an elephant received the same amount of oxygen as a rat ? LOL

I would have to disagree..

This response submitted by PA on 2/7/05 at 6:27 PM. ( ) 24.3.179.164

While it has been some time since I took Histology in College (1975 I think) I believe there is significant differences between blood of various mammals. Camels for instance, even have a different shape to the blood cells. Primitive animals, like frogs for example, I believe have a nucleus within the blood cell while mammals are enuleate. The size of the DNA starnds within the blood changes in these primitive vertebrates and so there is probably even greater difference between various lower vertebrates. One of the interesting things about some frogs is that they can be tetraploid - four sets of DNA versus only one.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu