super bowl reviews

Submitted by kevin on 2/6/05 at 10:55 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.202

Due to a prior engagement, I was unable to watch the super bowl.
I caught the score,just wondering how everyone felt about the game,
great,good,so-so,poor?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Commercials sucked, and so did the game.

This response submitted by John C on 2/6/05 at 11:04 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

A couple of good commercials, Halftime sucked, hell a marching band would have been better. The game just was not exciting.

halftime

This response submitted by Bill Haynes on 2/6/05 at 11:16 PM. ( ) 66.216.217.11

Worst halftime in 39 years. Whoever decided to hire a worn out Beatle has been must have been drunk or on dope.
Game wasn't too bad.

Ill tell you this much...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/6/05 at 11:50 PM. ( ) 67.138.11.134

There were plenty of TV execs longing for a clothing malfunction...

I agree, the game was doomed, there was no chance at one team turning it around or changing the tempo. The halftime show was not good, even though McCartny is certainly a great artist. Even one of my daughters sat thru it, only to ask a few minutes later, "Whatever happened to the half time thingy?" There were no clever commercials...the only one to save the day was the already-played Quiznos sub commercial with the talking baby.

Wait a minute

This response submitted by Asher on 2/7/05 at 12:28 AM. ( ) 68.116.62.142

I thought the Fed-Ex commercial was pretty good with Burt Reynolds and the Bear and the cute kid and the attractive women. I thought the Verizon commercial was pretty good too with the chimps ... my wife later told me though that isn't a new commercial. The game certainly started slow but I thought it would turn around at the end.

Paul McCartney needs to get a life

This response submitted by George on 2/7/05 at 8:32 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

Even the crowd was quiet in awe of how he sucked. He should stick with his animal rights cronies and they should have allowed the PRE-Game choruses and the Herald Trumpets to perform. They got one helluva lot more response than McCartney did. And the commercials DID suck. All of them except the returning GI's through the airport. The game was bland as far as I was concerned. I kept the TV on for the noise in the shop but at least I got a deer mounted.

High Point....For Me

This response submitted by Old Fart on 2/7/05 at 8:49 AM. ( ) 66.119.34.59

Was the "cat" commercial. I had no horse in the race so I hoped for a competative game with excitement. Fortunately I did get a wake up call everytime the commercials were on. But even that was disappointing. I guess I missed a good one about a guy needing change for the parking meter. The pup had to go out.....

Game was great to me!

This response submitted by tomdes on 2/7/05 at 9:00 AM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 148.183.241.30

Especially when you win $200 on my buddies archery shop's board, I didn't even know what numbers I had until he came in with the money this morning. Thank god Philly scored that late touchdown.. Good defensive game overall. Vegas should have pegged NE by now, by not giving such a big spread (7 points), NE has never won the SB by more than 3 points.

Pepsi Monster truck

This response submitted by Bradlee on 2/7/05 at 10:34 AM. ( ) 12.215.49.73

Gotta get me one of those ! Would rather it be a beer truck though. LOL
Game was slow but good I thought ( even though I lost some serious cash ). Missed some of the third quarter due to the traditional bar brawl we always seem to have where I hang out. Given my drothers I had more fun fighting ! LOL Was funny , seven of us beating ourselves silly then one dude said " oh !#@%$ we're missing the game !" then we hurried back in and got hammered . LOL Bradlee

the bud light commercial....

This response submitted by Griz on 2/7/05 at 11:45 AM. ( ) 69.66.87.201

where the pilot jumped out was fairly decent... other than that, pretty bland.

dont get me wrong...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/7/05 at 12:41 PM. ( ) 67.138.10.213

I too loved the diet Pepsi monster truck and of course the veterans in the airport was great, but Im talking Super Bowl here, the best commercials, etc. The game was a good game, just not a SUPER bowl to me. I wish McNab wouldve played more of his game and used the option and run.

McNabb proved that he...

This response submitted by marty on 2/7/05 at 1:14 PM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

...is not the brightest QB in the league. Took WAY too many chances and threw a few really, really bad throws in the first half. Missed the second half (long story).

Guys, I saw the halftime show differently. BUT, I fell asleep (long story) and only woke up to Live and Let Die, etc. So I'm not sure what else I missed?

McCartney is still one hell of an entertainer. Still sounds pretty darned good for an old guy. The fans I saw were in AWE of the sound and the synch'g of the fireworks. I was too. I've had many folks comment on how good it was and I am really surprised most of you folks saw things differently. Sorta sounds like people's opinions on movies. Sometimes their views are SO far apart. Pretty weird. I thought it was awesome!

is this

This response submitted by wilson on 2/7/05 at 3:45 PM. ( ) 198.81.26.46

Is this why we old farts say ; been their done that.

half time

This response submitted by Mr. T on 2/7/05 at 6:42 PM. ( ) 64.31.7.241

Was sure far better than last years crap. And the pre game bands, the black-eyed peas? What's up with that sh*t? I won $50 on a square at work. The chimps on the copier machine, the whoopee cushion, and kissing the boss's a** was the best!

Let's see...

This response submitted by marty on 2/7/05 at 7:16 PM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

Last year it was the kiddie boy's sister and the boy band guy. And in recent years it was Britney Spears(?) - my dog has a better voice. Year before Aerosmith - who've been washed up for how many years now and appear EVERYWHERE? And now we go to the most talented songwriter for the last 100-150 years and a lot of you guys are whining? Have another beer eh?

well...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/7/05 at 10:21 PM. ( ) 67.138.8.50

I too felt that for a fifty something yr old man, his voice has held up remarkably well, considering its a unique sound to begin with. I also have a couple McCartny and Wings CDs but I was kinda surprised, nonetheless, at how he sang a couple soungs all the way through rather then mix it up. And very repetitious songs at that.

Bill...

This response submitted by marty on 2/8/05 at 11:43 AM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

Sir Paul will be 63 in June! I feel so OLD!

Sir Paul my a$$

This response submitted by Dan Hudzik on 2/8/05 at 12:53 PM. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 66.242.208.237

What a crock, and you say aerosmith has a problem? At least they would have had more people interested and I bet kids wouldn't have had to ask about the super bowl thingy either! Now thats funny. Dan Hudzik

Hey Dan...

This response submitted by marty on 2/8/05 at 4:05 PM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

...if Charles Barkley can become a "sir", why not Paul McCartney?

I grew up with Aerosmith. Their Toys 8-track was probably the third or fourth 8-track I purchased. The band is so over-exposed nowadays it's not funny. Then of course Steven Tyler "was" a child molester but we don't hear a whole heck of a lot about that do we?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu