Hello from Iraq

Submitted by jerry rainey on 2/7/05 at 2:33 AM. ( ssgrainey@yahoo.com ) 213.132.32.130

Been in country about a month now. I'm in the middle of nowhere a few miles outside Najaf. Traveled many a miles through the towns. The iraqi people are friendly and for the most part are glad we're here. I've got eleven more months to go, so I'll write often and keep you updated. Cecil, you can continue to watch CNN if you want, but they don't show what I've SEEN first hand.

Feel free to drop a e-mail if you want. Thanks for your support to the military. It feels good knowing you guys and gals are behind us.

Jerry Rainey

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Welcome to Iraq

This response submitted by Bob on 2/7/05 at 5:47 AM. ( ) 192.156.52.34

47 days and a wake up! Good luck Jerry, I've been in or around Fallujah most of my time here, with I MEF. When we rotate back to Camp Fallujah for some rest, I check this site all the time for good reading and keeping up on things. If you don't mind some advice from a Marine grunt - Keep alert on all roads for IED's of all types, don't let your people get complacent and on patrol use the Guardian Angel, it works! Take care

Bob and Jerry

This response submitted by Dawn on 2/7/05 at 7:58 AM. ( ) 216.46.213.108

I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that we will all be happy when the day comes that all of our great servicemen and women are safely home in the U.S. Your mission is truly important to the Iraqi people who want to live in a free country - so keep up the great work. You make your fellow Americans proud especially all of us veterans. We truly appreciate all you do for your country and the mission.

Until then - keep yourself and your comrades safe and out of harm's way.

I will continue to pray for you all.

GOD SPEED!

Thank you both!

This response submitted by wetnwild on 2/7/05 at 7:59 AM. ( ) 24.128.109.191

For your service and dedication, and abundance of humanity! I know we appreciate it and the people of Iraq do also. And it is true, you wont see any of the good stuff you guys are doing on CNN or any of the other liberally controlled news organizations. Again thanks from me and my family!

Take care Jerry

This response submitted by b bishop/ Republican on 2/7/05 at 8:11 AM. ( ) 65.73.67.52

We will be thinking about you here . Thanks for the update , most of us on here realized a long time ago that the liberal media had it all wrong but some fools believe CNN and Mikey Moore . Watch your top knot and please keep us posted.

Godspeed to you both

This response submitted by George on 2/7/05 at 8:21 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

We all await your safe return.

Good to hear from both of you

This response submitted by Cecil on 2/7/05 at 9:46 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.193

I'm glad to be proved wrong and hope all works out over there, but I have to wonder if it depends on where you're at. Only five original guys left in my nephew's platoon of the 1st Cav -- all the rest were medivaced out. He's looking forward to coming home next month.

God Bless

This response submitted by Alex on 2/7/05 at 10:33 AM. ( ) 66.32.107.33

You Jerry, The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord shine his face upon you and give you peace, may His angel of protection camp around you, and May He keep you safe at all Times.

In the Name of our Lord ,Amen.

Dear Jerry and Bob

This response submitted by Little Al on 2/7/05 at 10:42 AM. ( ) 207.14.78.118

In spite of the dominant media's obssession with the negatives pertaining to our involvment in Iraq please be aware that there are many of us back here that do beleive you and your compatriots are serving a historcally noble cause. I look forward to the day that you all come home safely and to the day when the vast majority of Iraquis say Thank you to the USA and espesially to the American and Coalition personnel who sacrficed so much for them.
Keep your eyes open and be careful!
Godspeed!
Thank you!

We Support You

This response submitted by Randy on 2/7/05 at 3:56 PM. ( ) 198.107.240.50

It is nice to hear a note from you. I don't know much about you at all but I must tell you that your appreciated from most of us here in the USA. I try to understand the war as much as I can. Many times I agree that the USA should have done just what they did and other times I wonder? Needless to say I am sure there is alot about the war that I do not understand. But one thing is for certian, you were asked to do your job as a military solger and I am very proud of all the men and women who are there performing their duty. Keep up the good work and I pray that you all will return home safe and sucessfull. I think about you guy's and gal's every day!
Randy

Thanks

This response submitted by DaveT on 2/7/05 at 8:29 PM. ( ) 66.205.116.97

Jerry thanks for your service, God Speed.

DaveT

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu