To Orion's Hunting Adventures-Rip off!

Submitted by Damon on 2/8/05 at 6:08 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.202

I sent Orion a turned and salted buffalo cape, he sent me rotten capes, absolutely stinking rotton, maggoty; sent them while I was on vacation no less. When I contacted him he said he would make good on the deal.
OK, well, its been, what, a year? He contacted me about 4 times in the last month (the first time since summer, and only once then), only after I saw him resurface here wanting to buy a bear cape. More promises, but I see nothing. Now once again he is not responding to e mails, after promising to send out a cape a week ago Monday.
Well, I just want you let everyone who reads this that I do believe that Orion is a con artist rip off, and warn you all from doing business with him.
If anybody wants to do a search, you can see where I posted here to get a response from Orion, and others have been ripped off by him as well.
Orion, if you do make good, which at this point I really doubt, I will post a public apology here. But until then, everyone else beware of Orion's Hunting Adventures from Hawaii.

Damon Engel
Engel's Taxidermy Den
Glenrock, Wyoming
Gengel039@aol.com

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Toldya

This response submitted by One Box on 2/9/05 at 1:59 AM. ( ) 4.7.219.33

Damon, you remember I submitted a post warning you? It's in the archives. Not saying it's your fault but check how Orion responds with "hope you aint talkin bout me" and denies the charge. Well, your experience has sealed my belief. Orion has established what is known in law enforcement as an "M/O". What you described sounds like his method of operation. No wonder I keep getting all the work from his area even though I live 200 miles (over ocean) away from him. I'm chiming in again because I just hate dirty guys like that. For the record the man hasn't done anything to me personally (thank God). BUT, he has screwed a few nice people that I had as customers AFTER he had screwed them. So, yes, people DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ORION. Anybody else get screwed after reading this deserves what they got coming. I'd like to hear Orion respond. Where are you?

hey damon

This response submitted by Orion on 2/9/05 at 11:48 AM. ( orionshunting@msn.com ) 4.63.118.191

theres no need in posting here. i keep sending you emails and some go through but some gets sent back. i told you that already. look i jus emailed you yesterday to let you know what was going on and it got sent back. and i jus tried today before i got onto this site. now look your [expletive deleted] me up! i gave you my # repeated times so this kind of crap wouldnt happen and that way we could simply talk on the phone. oh well, crap happens. by the way, to the little box that keeps talkin all this crap why dont you simply just say yo stupid name so i can put you into a box. oh wait, your from kauai and you think you know me. now you like that response? you know, i thought you were cool but i guess not. i told you about a year ago that i wouldnt mind talkin to other taxidermists and wish it was possible in doing that(some taxidermists here are close minded) but look how you turned out to be, !a punk! now if i was really a rip off then why should i even respond to you or damon? why even leave my email address or number. finally, why ruin my name? well gotta go, cant stay here all day you know.

Orion, what number?

This response submitted by Damon on 2/9/05 at 9:05 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

Orion, when did YOU give me your phone number? I got it ONE TIME, from someone else here on the forums. I've gotten no complaints from anyone else that their e mails get returned, or that my e mails don't get through to them. Why only you, who is reniging on a deal?
It's been how long since I sent the cape? Almost a year?

You know, I leave it up to anybody who reads this to decide. I've given you a long time to do the right thing, all I get (IF I get an email) is excuses and apologies.
I didn't want to do this, but it is the only way I can get a response from you. Like I said, Orion, if you make good, I will most certainly post a public apology here on the site. However, until then, let those who read these postings decide for themselves.

yeah you got it here and this is what i said

This response submitted by Orion on 2/10/05 at 1:50 AM. ( orionshunting@msn.com ) 4.63.118.191

ITS A GOOD THING I CHECKED HERE!
This response submitted by Orion on 07/27/2004 at 18:30. ( orionshunting@msn.com ) 198.81.26.45
something with my computer @ home happened. my internet program has to be re-installed. i have to find the disks so i can go ahead and do it. i bet that you were thinking that i was just dicking you around? well i aint! but anyway, you can callme @ anytime with the number that was posted above. sorry so much. aloha!

NOW EVEN IF IT A TOOK A YEAR I WOULDNT WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG MYSELF. I TOO WOULD THINK THAT SOMEONE IS DICKING ME AROUND. NOW TO REPLACE THAT HIDES THAT I SENT TO YOU WERE EXOTICS IT WASNT JUST WHITETAILS THAT YOURE ABLE TO GET @ ANYTIME. AND crap, AT LEAST YOU EVEN GET AN APOLOGY. I CAN BE A REAL [expletive deleted] TOO BUT WHY SINK DOWN TO THAT LEVEL? ITS NOT BUSINESS LIKE. BUT LIKE I SAID CALL ME @ ANYTIME, 808 9615281. NOW WITH THE CHAT BOX, SAY SOMETHING. DOESNT IT SUCK WHEN YOU TALK BAD BOUT SOMEONE AND THAT PARTICULAR PERSON KNOWS WHO YOU ARE? LOLOLOLOL (HIGHLGHT OF THE DAY)G NIGHT. DAMON I SENT YOU ANOTHER EMAIL BY THE WAY AND I HOPE YOU GET IT.

You still suck

This response submitted by One Box on 2/10/05 at 2:19 AM. ( ) 4.7.219.33

SO WHAT YOU KNOW WHO I AM! Tell the folks why you being accused by different sources for having rotten capes? That's the crux of the whole thing dufus! You're as rotten as your capes. And mans, if your capes lasted as long as your excuse making, you'd have the freshest capes around! WHAT?

ONE MORE THING

This response submitted by One Box on 2/10/05 at 2:23 AM. ( ) 4.7.219.33

The only thing you need to put in a box is your taxidermy supplies. Don't be making no threats to me. You don't know what my other job is punk. Funk you!

http://superdeluxe.typepad.com/funk_you/

This response submitted by http://superdeluxe.typepad.com/funk_you/ on 2/10/05 at 11:11 AM. ( ) 68.156.127.79

I think I will Funk me
http://superdeluxe.typepad.com/funk_you/

hey are you sad that i havent called you

This response submitted by orion on 2/11/05 at 4:19 PM. ( orionshunting@msn.com ) 66.91.153.11

lololol! u know, dont hate me cause you aint me! we can go on all day talkin bout this. i can probaly boast myself on how my work is better than yours. or i can even talk crap bout how your work stinks. but i aint gonna sink down to yo little child level. i got better things to do than shut someone down that i hardly know about but still heard alot. so y u yappin. by the way, u talkin so much bout having my clients going to you-well if they are good! but jus keep yoself humble about it. good luck one box!

good dealings with orion

This response submitted by ramtaxidermy on 3/7/05 at 11:37 PM. ( ) 216.19.11.61

i purchased a cape from orion and was very pleased with the service and the quality of the specimen i will continue doing business with them and they offered me my money back if the cape didnt fit the form that i needed, just goes to show you that only one small bad or questionable experiance can cause alot more publicity than all of the good service in the world, thanks orion i will be in touch for more capes.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu