SHATTERED STATE RECORD FOR YELLOW PERCH TODAY!

Submitted by Cecil on 2/8/05 at 10:35 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.253

State record for Indiana is 2 lbs. 8 oz. and I got one today that was 2.81 lbs. (2 lbs. 13 oz.) and she's 16 1/4 inches on a board. She's perfect with no flaws just like my other perch I catch.

I knew I had big perch in this pond and I've been catching them, but not that big! Damn thing's built like a carp with stripes. I'll be posting pics on a remote site if anyone is interested.

I do grow out fish for sale to taxidermists and I do feed them, but the bass in this pond don't give the perch much of a chance with the pellets. Anyway, in my state as long as I don't charge to fish my pond and I catch it legally by hook and line it's legit. Only possible snafu is I didn't have a fishing license when I caught her, but in my state you don't need one on private ponds or on your own property. I did buy one online today after I caught her. If they disqualify me -- so be it. It's the personal accomplishment that counts.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Sounds

This response submitted by Alex I mean Peta on 2/8/05 at 10:41 PM. ( ) 66.32.122.243

You caught Momma, turn her loose, you fish abuser, don't you know they have souls and feel pain?

Got anymore?
What gear should I bring? LOL

You sound like one of those damn liberals Alex

This response submitted by Cecil on 2/8/05 at 11:20 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.253

Oh I just noticed "PETA."

First comment I heard when I took it into the grocery store to be weighed was "Oh that's gross!" I turned to one of my fishing companions and said, "You can tell if someone fishes can't you?"

Congratulations Cecil!

This response submitted by Hogger on 2/9/05 at 4:14 AM. ( ) 4.7.219.33

Sounds like a liberal fish to me. It got free housing at the expense of another and got fat off the hand-outs of another. Proof that that system doesn't work! Look what ended up becoming of the fish!LOL!

good job cecil!

This response submitted by Griz on 2/9/05 at 9:14 AM. ( ) 69.66.35.129

i ain't much of a pnfisherman, so i will definitely want to hear about any 12 pound largemouth you catch!

That's CHEATING!

This response submitted by marty on 2/9/05 at 9:56 AM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

Just like Barry Bonds, you're going to have an asterisk next to your name - lol!

Maybe Marty

This response submitted by Cecil on 2/9/05 at 10:32 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.249

but it's not cheating according to my state DNR. As long as I catch the fish by hook and line and I don't charge to fish I'm legal (Hope I'm not repeating myself)

Interesting thing is a couple of years ago I approached a biologist about the unfair advantage of using controlled fish that are fed in a pond vs. wild fish and they basically blew me off. I don't think they believed me. I'll bet I get their attention now. This fall no doubt I will break the state record for brook trout too.

What do you say they change the rules? LOL

I sent two biologists pics etc last night and so far NO RESPONSE! LMAO

Overlooked Loop Hole

This response submitted by ByGolly on 2/9/05 at 11:02 AM. ( ) 12.73.81.17

Perch was legally caught so should be elible for record. I bet the law doesn't say when you have to weigh it in.(the Loop Hole)

So, Cecil, you should have put it in aquarium and really fatened it up.
You could probably have gotten it up to four or five pounds feeding it Krispy Kreme donuts. LOL

Congrats

Congratulations!

This response submitted by Doug on 2/9/05 at 2:32 PM. ( ) 64.18.238.220

No one appreciates the beauty of a truly giant perch more than I do. Your record perch is massive enough to make any perchaholic or taxidermist hyperventilate...eh? It's a great achievement Cecil, and I'm sure you will immortalize her with a superb mount job. Congratulations my friend!

Yeah, I think you mentioned all this Cecil...

This response submitted by marty on 2/9/05 at 10:00 PM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

And you're right, they will probably eventually adjust the existing rules and regs - maybe? I see an awful lot of panfish records that have caught at "Farm Pond" in the column. So you might be in the books for awhile. Although what's the Lake Michigan record in Indiana? I know the Illinois Lake Michigan side is up around 2 1/2.

Betcha it was a carp

This response submitted by Jerry Clower on 2/12/05 at 9:08 AM. ( ) 68.156.127.178

Betcha it was a carp

hey cecil ncie perch,if you want to catch big perch contact

This response submitted by hank pole on 2/14/05 at 7:43 AM. ( blueroadbucks@jamadots.com ) 12.34.44.40

Hey Cecil,2-8 is a good perch,we have a lake here in michigan where you can catch teter pig perch daily.They average #1-6oz. and daily we catch them #2-2.5#. contact i will let you know how and where

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu