is it just me....

Submitted by Griz on 2/10/05 at 11:58 PM. ( ) 69.66.35.238

it seems like every day somebody is trying to goad the old fogies on here into an argument. Poor george can't say nothing anymore without it getting decoded and interpreted,- i think some people are buying krowtann and McKenzie forms now, hoping they can find something to fuss at george about. And poor cecil can't even break a state record without his political preferences tainting it. Maybe i am getting the wrong feeling when i am reading some of the posts but it sure seems awful catty anymore. The old guys can't have an opinion without it being psychoanalyzed, it kinda kills a discussion when everything is just getting debated because someone wants to debate one of the veterans, a "giant-killer" complex so to speak. Everything yox says anymore he has to come on later and defend and clarify.

Maybe i'm wrong cuz sometimes it is hard to get a feel for what people's attitude is when the 'say' something on here.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

...yeah

This response submitted by . on 2/11/05 at 12:09 AM. ( ) 66.174.77.140

...its just you

Griz

This response submitted by Chris on 2/11/05 at 12:12 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

It does'nt matter the trade, without the "Old Guys" us young guys would'nt know anything about anything. I'm one of the younger guys (well at least in this trade) and I always look up to the older guys, because knowledge comes from somewhere and it's not always book's and videos. There's just some people that have to gripe about something. Keep on teachin' because some of us are listening! Thanks

It's Healthy!

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 2/11/05 at 12:34 AM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.116.135

If everything they said was taken as gospel then there would be no need for a forum. The only category to the left would be a big orange button. At the same time, some people are just plain ignorant and will never change or learn. Thats life. BTW Griz, are you from Minnesota? Jeff F.

Griz.......Your right. What caused you to write?

This response submitted by Kim on 2/11/05 at 12:57 AM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

Don't know what caused you to write your post above but, you make some good points.

I like the honesty George, Bill and the other regulars here on this forum puts forth. It's fun and refreshing. Sometimes dull and boring. George is fun to argue with and once he gets going, I sit back and LMAO at all of the nit picking from everyone concerned.

Perhaps we should take most of this badgering with a grain of salt? I know, we are not allowed to eat much salt, huh? Perhaps we should just "let it go."---that has taken me a long time to learn.

Many people seem to be stewing for a fight, argument or whatever. It is a sign of the times. But then, are some people too SANCTIMONIOUS and ask for disagreement? People want something to punch, or tear. Know what I mean? No matter what a person says, SOMEONE will take it the wrong way. I try to buffer what I say but sometimes you just have to say...SO! But then, it is their fault for being so thin skinned. All of us should be willing to tell someone what to go do with themselves if the situation warrants it.

It could be perceptions too. Many want to act "professional" at all times but, that robotic ("front" many try to put on and fool most with) style gets old fast. People are people. Do people feel and have emotions? Yes they do! Most try to show that "they" are better than the other person and if the truth be known, they themselves are afraid to speak up so nobody will feel ill will towards them. Is this hypocrisy? If a person is too prideful to fight back, so to speak, don't they send a signal to the wolves waiting to pounce on someone? So, many situations exist that could be easily taken care of by telling someone the REAL facts and not some one's opinion---unless that is what is requested.

All of us should realize that we are not obligated to each other--so we "might hurt their feelings or cause some emotional pain." If people can't handle the dish water, don't start washing the dishes in a public format. Now, some people deserve a shock to wake them up to the facts of taxidermy business and life itself since in some cases, mom and dad never taught them. I think many of you know what I'm talking about.--spanning the years here and there.

Sometimes, you just gotta say, "Bite me!" and move on with life.

KIM

I like George

This response submitted by Hogger on 2/11/05 at 1:13 AM. ( ) 4.7.219.33

And I'm glad he puts his two cents in when he does. And yep, I did make a political pun on Cecil's fish, but I also congratulated him. My pun, and I hope it reflected as such, was meant to be lighthearted and not mean. Isn't that the way guys do each other? Cecil is a "marked" liberal in a widely conservative trade and I respect the gonads he has to speak his mind (kinda like Combs on Hannity and Combs). I also do treasure the advice of you Griz, and you are right that sometimes some guys "challenge" the old timers unreasonably. But no one is beyond being challenged sometimes and not everyone is right all the time. Yes, I'd put my money on George most every time but you gotta allow for some challenge sometime right? And in the end if the new guy is hard-headed he'll just have to learn the hard way. You know what they say about opinions? And here's mine. In fact, seems others who just posted are somewhat "challenging" you on that comment. Please don't take my post as a challenge as it was not meant to be that. Age alone doesn't make you the best. It's your resume that reflects that. And yes, George, Griz and Yox have the resume's as well as the age. Thanks for staying on despite being sometimes offended.

And BTW

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 2/11/05 at 1:26 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

The big orange button would read "ASK GEO". (LMAO) Sounds kinda like an april fools joke some of us remember. Jeff F.

Who's George?

This response submitted by Mike on 2/11/05 at 1:44 AM. ( ) 209.112.187.164

HA! HA!

"OLD" fogies...LOL

This response submitted by Jim on 2/11/05 at 7:22 AM. ( ) 64.18.236.44

Yox is "old" enough to be Cecil's brother. George is "old" enough to be Cecil's dad. Ponder all of that and SMILE!(LMAO)

Billy Ox gots kids?

This response submitted by Craig on 2/11/05 at 8:51 AM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

Bill, you are old before your time. Or is it, you are wise beyond your years?

Bills...

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 2/11/05 at 9:05 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

wisdom always shines through. Well, somethings shining anyway!(LOL) Jeff F.

Craig

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/11/05 at 11:14 AM. ( ) 67.138.10.81

As Jeff just hinted to, I think I see where you could go with this. What youre doing is mixing up different sayings. Wise between my years? Maybe thin between my ears is what you are trying to say, hahaha!

While we are at this, the subject Griz brought up is a tough one. I feel that I behave in the way that I should in here. I dont really mind to awlful much when someone gets into an exchange with me over a difference of opinion or a misunderstanding, because its harmless, and usually gets resolved. Plus like one said in here already, its fun to get edgy now and then. But I dont care too much for one of my "detractors" and their jealous little rants, which include such tidbits as me borrowing money from my customers, etc etc. That stuff pisses me off, because of course the guy doesnt even have enough of his Mothers balls, no less his own, to post his name. But, overall, we do get some crap, but again, we put ourselves in that position too.

Griz, thanks for saying so, but dont worry too much, our sarcastic side usually pays back well!

we're mostly on the same page....

This response submitted by Griz on 2/11/05 at 3:37 PM. ( ) 69.66.35.240

for jeff.... I am in the heart of Iowa... warmer than minnesota and smarter than missouri. LOL

Kim.... I just was curious if i was the only one that noticed there were more and more "detractors" (as bill called them, good word for them too), who just wanted to argue with one of the big guns(now calling them big guns, instead of old fogies, i know cecil and bill and johcC are still pups, LOL) instead of actually discuss their disagreements. In the detractors eyes anything one of the big guns say is incorrect. And like you say candidness is great. I certainly don't want their honesty or sarcasm to stop. And btw i am in no way remotely big-gun material, i am just glad when they just correct my stupid advice instead of calling me what i should be called LOL, remember i was the guy who asked if there is salt in the air LOL And hogger confirmed this....

Hogger.... Just so you know, i know you have a good attitude, and were just kidding with cecil, but not everybody is. And not just the fish post either, even cecil says his guy lost and he is no longer interested in campaigning and arguing. time to move on.

I ain't sure if everybody gets what i am saying but i can see that bill does. They're just detractors, no pleasing them. And like he said- 'overall, we do get some crap, but again, we put ourselves in that position too', i knew that if you are a big gun you have a big target on your back, that is kinda what i was meaning about giant-killer complex, they all want to be the guy who argues against the pros.

just F.Y.I. i wasn't at all meaning sarcasm... Mike's post about "George who?" that is hilarious :) We can't give that up :) And even the second post in this thread isn't what i am talking about- it's just pathetically stupid, but not what i was referring to.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu