question

Submitted by joe on 2/11/05 at 12:10 PM. ( allseasonshunter@aol.com ) 64.12.116.202

does anyone make donations to a charity ? i would like to donate 5-10 dollars off every animal i do when i get my pa taxidermy license ! i think that would be so cool to donate to money to a youth group or somekind of research for the children of america . if you look around everybody donates overseas just drive down your street we need to keep our money in America for youth groups and good causes . thanks just curious joe

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Not a bad idea Joe..

This response submitted by tomdes on 2/11/05 at 12:40 PM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 148.183.241.30

I can't say I've donated from my taxidermy (besides a few mounts), but I donate enough money from my bigger paycheck. But I know a lot of us donate a lot of our time to worthwhile outdoor organizations. I've been president of our local Rod + Gun Club, very active with the NWTF / PU, I raise pheasants for public stocking, archery instructor etc. And the list goes on, and we're all proud it because it continues and helps build our outdoor heritage. Sorry, did I go off on a tangent.....

Camp Compass

This response submitted by Paul Czarnecki on 2/11/05 at 4:02 PM. ( ) 66.211.211.111

Hi Joe, The PTA is affiliated with Camp Compass. Its a youth group founded by John Annoni and based in the Philly area. Every year PTA members volunteer to mount heads for these kids. 'There isn't a better organization to give your money or time to'--paraphrased from 'Cuz' Strickland on Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country.
Come to the PTA Convention in Altoona in March to meet John and the kids. Don't forget to attend the Taxidermy Exam Seminar.
www.pataxidermy.com
Good luck on your exam!

Paul's Right

This response submitted by Michael Sestak on 2/12/05 at 1:22 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.134

Camp Compass is a good organization to donate, but dont forget to donate to hunt of a life time, they help kids with terminal illnesses to get that most important and possibly their last wish.
go to www.huntofalifetime.org and check it out.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu