Happy Birthday

Submitted by .. on 2/12/05 at 10:03 AM. ( ) 4.225.169.10

Happy Birthday, Charles Darwin

Darwin was born February 12, 1809; he published Origin of the Species at age 50. Each year, Darwin's birthday is celebrated around the world.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I'll...

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 2/12/05 at 10:35 AM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 152.163.100.135

say a prayer for him today. Jeff F.

right now...

This response submitted by Griz on 2/12/05 at 11:15 AM. ( ) 69.66.35.204

i wonder if he still believes in absolute evolution LOL

He

This response submitted by Alex on 2/12/05 at 11:59 AM. ( ) 66.32.148.239

Probably thinks the fires of hell evolved, from water ?

Nope, he didn't

This response submitted by George on 2/12/05 at 12:57 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.135

But if THIS website doesn't prove his theory, nothing I could say will ever convince you. BTW, before you say it, "theory" is scientific jargon, not colloquial language interpretation. In science, an idea is either THEORY (fact) or an ASSUMPTION (supposition). So if you want to claim that his findings were false, you have to be sure to use the scientific language HE used. You think it was an "assumption" that all living things change during the course of their existance. Darwin didn't invent evolution, he just discovered proof about it. My "theory" about God is that all things are possible through Him. Why would you think HE, didn't deign evolution as HIS master plan?

hahaha, George

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/12/05 at 4:30 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.93

As far as Darwins theory, the 'components' of this site would then be considered a "work in progress." George youre too funny.

Galapagos

This response submitted by AJ on 2/12/05 at 6:08 PM. ( ) 208.8.28.59

Time to take a trip to the Galapagos and talk to the tortoise, lol.

Clarification George

This response submitted by Doug on 2/12/05 at 6:31 PM. ( ) 64.18.236.106

In Science an idea is either a hypotheses(educated guess) or a theory(a hypothesis that is further supported by evidence). An assumption is anothere term for a "working hypotheses"...a guess that cannot be tested to provide evidence and may therefore be assumed to be an acceptable solution or answer. Semantics yes, but important to the subject. Darwin's idea is a theory today. The scientific evidence (That doesn't mean squat to some folks) that supports his theory is so abundant that some people have taken the next step and called evolution a "fact." While there are no OBSERVATIONS(facts) of one species evolving into another during recorded history, there are plenty of examples of the production of varieties/breeds from artificial(human choices) selection in plants and animals(livestock and pets). Natural selection is commonly observed and accepted as fact. The occurrence of varieties within a species is the precursor to the formation of new "species." Few among us doubt these facts and ideas as they apply to vegetables, trees, flowers, dogs, cats, cattle, etc...BUT when the same processes are applied to human beings many people make that an exception. Been following the goings-on in Georgia over the use of evolution in high school text books? It's still a "hot potato." Science and religion are not necessarily mutually exclusive for some of us. Darwin's theory is the foundation of modern biology and that's the way it is. Happy birthday to CD.

its simple, really

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/12/05 at 6:54 PM. ( ) 67.138.11.120

We have debated this one before. I think that science has been proven to me well enough. Religion, on the other hand, is still valid to me without the proof, its simply put, my faith. They both work for me!

You're correct Doug

This response submitted by George on 2/12/05 at 8:30 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

I guess I made it too simplistic and I apologize for that. You did an excellent job with the analogy of it holding true for anything EXCEPT humans. As Bill stated, I'm comfortable with believing in both events.

as long as were picking nits....

This response submitted by Perry on 2/14/05 at 3:16 PM. ( .... ) 128.118.40.78

Observations are not facts. they are Data. Theory, proven true or false, based on supporting data( obsverations) is relegated to fact.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu