George

Submitted by KB on 2/15/05 at 1:25 PM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

I didn't put your name on any Christian "spam" list. And the subject of Evolution is of major importance to everyone, whether they recognize that or not. It forms your whole world view. I don't want to fight with anyone, and most certainly not you. I hold you in very high regard. This subject can be frustrating, certainly, but there is no need to get angry with each other. Heck, we all might learn something. What's wrong with having more evidence to weigh before deciding what you believe? If one believes in evolution, and refuses to look at any evidence against it, now that is "blind faith."

I am adding more to the discussion on the "Speaking of Darwin" thread from yesterday. If it makes you mad, don't go there. It really is a very important subject, though. And George, you're a great guy, please don't get mad at us for wanting to talk about these things.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

george

This response submitted by J on 2/15/05 at 1:47 PM. ( ) 66.249.36.43

george has a good reason to be mad!evolution states man came from apes,george knows he came from a horses rear!

Hey, now

This response submitted by KB on 2/15/05 at 2:22 PM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

that is the kind of remark George was saying this would degenerate into, and you're proving him right. George is just stating all the same stuff we are all taught in the public school system.

BTW, Cain would have married one of his younger sisters. Back then, the genetics hadn't deteriorated the way they are today. You didn't have to worry about having retarded kids if you married your sister. That wasn't forbidden until many years later.

Well, here I am

This response submitted by KB on 2/15/05 at 2:32 PM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

sticking up for you, George, and you're calling me an infidel and telling me to stop "playing the God card." Why? Why is it okay to talk about anything else, but not God? Is it only okay to talk about things that are not important or controversial? I haven't exactly noticed people avoiding politics on this forum. I wasn't the one who brought up Darwin in the first place, but it's hard to see issues like that brought up, and not say anything about the false information being talked about.

If I'm not allowed to talk about God or politics, how come everyone else gets to? Do you guys just want to stick to taxidermy, and be more strict about enforcing that rule?

KB, I never accused you. I just said "someone"

This response submitted by George on 2/15/05 at 4:31 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

And let's be realistic here even if we don't ever plan on agreeing about evolution: WHO CARES? Whether you believe in it or not, you still hope to be here many tomorrows from now. None of us were here to witness either the creation or the evolution and though we'll all witness the end of our own days, no one really plans on the world ending tomorrow or within our own lifetimes of our families.

It may surprise you that I considered the ministry at one time and actually studied theology. One professor told this short parable about God and Science.

Seems that the scientists decided that God was fake an no longer a viable entity to mankind. The broadcast messages to Him and said they wanted to meet. Finally, God had heard enough and visited them.
They were pompous and arrogant as they could be and they told Him that they'd discovered how they could actually make life without His counsel. God said he'd be interested in seeing that, so the learned scientists went down to the river and dug up a pot of mud. The took it back to the laboratory and told God to watch and listen. The lead scientists reached into the pot and grabbed a handful of mud and said, "See God, all I have to do it take this mud...." to which God said "STOP. Wait. You can't use my mud to make life. You have to create your own from nothing."

Science and religion often seem to clash, and only people who actually believe in God can believe in science. Science is simply an explanation of beliefs UP TO THE POINT OF HAVING TO MAKE OUR OWN MUD. You can't believe in God unless you can accept the wonders that science has discovered to which there is no explanation. How does an ear always find its place against the side of your head instead of in front of it. How do flowers come from a seed, grow and bloom, but fail to exist without the pollen of their flower mixing with another? How to bumblebees fly? How can you LOVE people in so many different ways and still call it love. I'm not so dumb as to believe MAN actually ever WAS a monkey, but I do believe that at some point, God decided that man was needed and whatever lifeform he took to create man became man. The only species in the world for man to compare himself to happened to BE a monkey, but to say there ever were separate species combining is something I truly don't know. Neither does anyone else. In fact, none of you actually KNOW God, do you. You see His works every day of life and you glorify his name, but to say you KNOW him is rather pretentious anymore than me actually knowing humans came from monkeys. I keep my FAITH separate from my SCIENCE, knowing full well, one will never explain fully to my comprehension of the other.

And THAT'S WHY we don't need to discuss religion on the TAXIDERMY forums.

WOW!

This response submitted by Lou on 2/15/05 at 5:22 PM. ( ) 207.199.2.34

What a beatiful way to put it George! <Tipping hat to you>

MONKEYS TO MAN?

This response submitted by SUE on 2/15/05 at 5:40 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

Evolution does not say that man descended from monkeys. Apes and men have a common ancestor. Some decendents from this ancestor evolved into humans, some decendents evolved into apes. Apes and/or monkeys did not evolve into humans.

Oh Sue (and George)

This response submitted by KB on 2/15/05 at 5:56 PM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

I have to bite my tongue hard when you say that, but I promised George I'd stop talking about that subject. Yikes.

Actually, George, I like your parable, and I think you did put it very well. No, it doesn't surprise me that you considered the ministry at one time. I love the subject of evolution vs. creation, as you can see, but I will be quiet unless someone brings it up again! You ended that like quite the gentleman. (although the part about this forum sticking to taxidermy...I'll believe that when I see it!)

Sue

This response submitted by KBauman on 2/15/05 at 6:54 PM. ( ) 69.152.162.142

Thank you. Finally a factual statement on Evolution.

Here's to you Sue from me too..

This response submitted by Doug on 2/15/05 at 9:41 PM. ( ) 64.18.236.137

I to thank you for the accurate description of evolutionary THEORY as it applies to humans. What you said ranks right up there with Tony's "Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny" yesterday. It's refreshing to hear some accurate science amid all of the....inaccuracies...eh?

Cain married his sister?

This response submitted by Justin Morgan on 2/16/05 at 3:39 PM. ( jcmorgan31@verizon.net ) 12.59.56.78

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days-and also afterward-when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Ever read the bible? The sons of God (decendants of Adam and Eve) married the daughters of men (men being the people living on earth that God had not created).

Read a little about the origins of the Nephilim and then tell me where it says Caan married his sister...

Where do you get

This response submitted by KB on 2/17/05 at 12:21 AM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

people living on earth that God didn't create? Talk about not reading the Bible! The sons of God are thought to be fallen angels (demons) by many Bible scholars, since every time that phrase is used elsewhere, it means angels (Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7) That would also explain why they were the heroes of old, like the gods of mythology. They were trying to ruin the bloodline that Christ would be born of.

Sounds like

This response submitted by Bradlee on 2/17/05 at 12:22 PM. ( ) 12.227.181.67

A biker gang to me . "Be careful out there or the Sons Of God will be all over your butt !". George , extremley well put sir . I figured this subject was already done. We all Believe in our own ways but does that make any one of us a horrible peoson for it? If so ,why then are there so many religons ?Maybe we all need to figure out which one is the right one so we can jump on that bus before we die and burn forever. Brother, I think this is all just nuts ! Bradlee

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu