Yes, more fox hunting

Submitted by Laurie on 2/18/05 at 7:19 AM. ( ) 62.253.248.93

Fox hunting will continue in the following ways:
Firstly, illegal hunts directly against the law are still running today.

Secondly, it is still legal to chase the fox but it must be shot before the dogs get to it

Thirdly, You can still hunt fox with a pair of dogs, so the huntsmen intend to use dogs in pairs to chase the fox. This is an intersting point becuase if the dogs all start out as pairs but meet up, at what point are they classified as a pack. For example: If I walk in the park with my two dogs and meet another person with two dogs, they are distinctly two seperate pairs - these four dogs could kill a fox because they are natural pack animals. The question is: can I be prosecuted because there are four dogs together although they are from two seperate areas/packs. This situation would also theoretically apply to three dogs killing a mouse. It is not the crime, its getting caught.

The coutnry side alliance are still fighting the legal battles and the Tory government are pledging to repeal the act if they come into power in this years general election.

Scotland run their fox hunting such that, the fox must be shot before the hounds get to it, however, we have another peice of legislation that states that it is a crime to cause unnecassery suffering to any wildlife, thus the huntsman must shoot cleanly the fox or he could be prosecuted. The fox hunting law can not be policed properly becuase there are two many legal loopholes.

Never fear, the fox hunt still continues.

Kindest regards

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Good for you!

This response submitted by Cecil on 2/18/05 at 10:33 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.119

Glad to hear the fox hunt goes on!

Tally Ho!

This response submitted by Little Al on 2/18/05 at 12:13 PM. ( ) 207.14.78.14

Good show Laurie! Well, I've never been to England but kind of like The Beatles....oops! That's a line from an old song. Any way, steady on fox hunters!

Tory government

This response submitted by Craig on 2/18/05 at 12:55 PM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

If they can get in there maybe they can repeal all the draconian gun laws over there also.

now that we've all seen what happens in a civilized society...

They will prosecute anyone for anything over there. Wasn't someone prosecuted for beating a burglar with a baseball bat?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu