Missing catalog and last minute eye woes .... again.

Submitted by Nancy M. on 2/18/05 at 12:45 PM. ( ) 65.54.97.194

Okay ... my WASCO catalog has been abducted by aliens and, according to the lady answering the phone, nobody there knows what they carry unless I can give them a stock number. My attempts to contact Glen Browning have been less than fruitful, and the WTC is coming up too soon to even think about.

Does anybody know where I can find some flint acrylic eyes in the 10-11mm size range? I need to get them SOON, as in 2 or 3 weeks at the absolute maximum. I can't use the pre-painted ones because none of them are the right color. Tohikon's eyes look stupid from extreme angles, so I definitely don't want to go that route.

I really don't want to embark on making my own eyes at this late stage in the game unless I have no other options at all.

Suggestions, anybody?
I really thought I was allowing plenty of time for this ordeal ... (Yes, I realize I should know better than that by now!)

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

You know...

This response submitted by marty on 2/18/05 at 1:05 PM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

...WASCO and most of the other major suppliers have on-line catalogs accessible thru this website...

Van Dykes

This response submitted by Alex on 2/18/05 at 1:12 PM. ( ) 66.32.79.239

You can order 2nd day delivery or overnight depending on how many you need it will cost little to ship.

Nancy

This response submitted by wetnwild on 2/18/05 at 1:14 PM. ( voyer1@aol.com ) 24.128.109.191

Got five pairs of old glass eyes on wire that are flint with black pupils. You can have them if you want them. They are 11mm

AAA

This response submitted by Ken Walker on 2/18/05 at 2:10 PM. ( () ) 154.11.98.45

AAA in Calgary have some of the euro-eyes in stock.Try them @ 403 250-3313

Thanks folks ..

This response submitted by Nancy M. on 2/18/05 at 4:11 PM. ( ) 65.54.98.145

I have lots of flint glass eyes in several styles. They are all very weird looking from a front angle.
I tried AAA earlier today and they don't carry the Europe Eyes in clear.
Neither does WASCO, at least according to what they have listed online.
I have never been too impressed with any of Van Dyke's eyes.

'Guess I will be figuring out how to make the darned things after all ... oh well.

What color eyes do you need?

This response submitted by PA on 2/18/05 at 6:02 PM. ( ) 24.3.179.164

I have lots of older eyes with a number of color variations not covered by the commercial taxidermy supply companies of today. I came upon a few dozen older eyes in the last half year with some sizes down small enough to use on hummers.

I need blended iris ....

This response submitted by Nancy M. on 2/20/05 at 1:21 AM. ( ) 4.179.32.86

Dark brown around the pupil with a grey band near the sclera ... medium pupil, and they have to look realistic from all angles. 10 and 11 mm.
I have a plan to make them now .. just waiting for the "right stuff" to get here. It should be ... interesting

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu