Skull Mounts

Submitted by Pa Jerry on 2/18/05 at 7:14 PM. ( )

Do you need to obtain a Taxidermy License to do only European Skull Mounts?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

You need

This response submitted by Dan Hudzik on 2/18/05 at 7:33 PM. ( )

To talk to the Game Wardens in your state. No one on here can tell you because we don't enforce the laws in your state. If we told you no then you might get in trouble, if we told you yes, we could be wrong. It's always best to check with your state officials on questions like this. Good Luck to you. Dan Hudzik

Check the Wildlife Management Regs

This response submitted by Beaumont on 2/19/05 at 2:54 AM. ( )

I agree with Dan. you need to check the respective regs for your state, because your state may require a taxidermy permit plus a business license. I was preparing to open up for business (before I got my deployment orders to the sandbox), and it seemed the more I researched for my area, the more applicable licenses there are. for my area, the taxidermy permit is akin to the hunting/fishing, and is 20 bucks per calendar year. the business license price fluctuates, and I got my orders before I set the parameters I would need.

be safer than sorry. I would rather pay 20 in licenses than fines for breaking the rules (they could get expensive, plus prevent you from getting license in future (taxidermy, not business)

best of luck


Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu