Taxidermy Today Magazine

Submitted by Danial on 2/18/05 at 11:32 PM. ( Cindy@net.nex.au ) 203.87.47.108

G'day all, I have decided not to re-new my yearly subscription to Taxidermy Today, because there just seems to be to many advertisements. Eric Carter's articles are great and Paul Rhymer's, Mike Gillis's are also good. Some of the other writers have exellent articles but certain writers seem bent on using the magazine as a vehicle to move the merchandise and their technics are to product orientated for me. I wish i had access to the materials you had in the states manly the body forms there just to dear to import to Australia. There is plenty of deer forms available but fox and small mammals you need to do your own or heavily adjust your forms anyway the question i wanted to know is Does Break Through Magazine do the same thing as Taxidermy Today as far as pushing of the writers personal products or businesses dont get me wrong i expect a some of this type of thing but the last magazine i've got was over the top perticulary with the mounting of the bass i have looked at Breakthrough Magazine on the net and have all there mounting manuals i have read the archives but would just like a current opinion on the magazine.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Order

This response submitted by 9 Fingers on 2/18/05 at 11:48 PM. ( ) 67.51.189.20

a couple back issues and see if you like them. Personally, I think Breakthrough is a great publication.

I get both

This response submitted by jon on 2/19/05 at 12:05 AM. ( jonathan@harlequintaxidermy ) 68.184.178.161

and find them both to be invaluable tools. Yeah, they have ads in them.. they have to make their money somewhere else they couldn't afford to publish the good articles.

TToday has really come a long ways in the past few years. Breakthrough is a top notch publication as well. However, I don't think any taxidermy household would be truely fufilled without a subscription to both.

Just my thoughts.

Jon

Better than

This response submitted by Mr. T on 2/19/05 at 9:16 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.59

The adds are better than beer or cigarette, automobile, cheese wiz, or designer drug adds. Sooner or later, I am going to need to purchase something that I can only find in the adds of both of these fine magazines. Yes they are redundant every issue, but I need to have that so the light comes on when I need to find a new tool that I cant buy at the lumber yard or anywhere else in the world. If I lived where you do, I think that more is better.
Or maybe you could publish a mag for down under folks, and you could have Ausies run adds in it to help make it float.

This ain't field and stream

This response submitted by m on 2/19/05 at 5:19 PM. ( ) 66.255.208.82

Very limited number of subscribers, can't publish the magazine w/o $$$

Breakthrough is better

This response submitted by bw on 2/20/05 at 10:33 AM. ( ) 65.114.92.180

just my opinion. but you get more articles with less product pushing in them. You will see more "materials made from scratch" oriented articles than you will the standard......buy it and use it approach.

you wont see the same old "how to" artilces by the same old authors either. i mean....how many duck articles can joe ferebee write anyway. They are all the same text..different pictures. Im not trying to take anything away from joe. But thats just the format that you see in Taxidermy Today.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu