need help finding a good outfitter

Submitted by the F.N.G. on 2/22/05 at 12:08 PM. ( ) 172.132.63.202

Can anyone refer me to a good, reputable outfitter in Newfoundland or Labrador for Moose/Woodland Caribou hunting? I know this doesn't have much to do with taxidermy, but most taxidermists get to hear all the good and bad stories from clients regarding their hunts so I figured I'd throw it out there. Looking for something reasonable in price, too. $6,000 and under.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

If you want THE VERY BEST

This response submitted by JEM on 2/22/05 at 12:55 PM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

Check out Tuckamore lodge http://www.tuckamorelodge.com/, I have been there myself. Talk to Barb and then talk to some of her hunters - great hunt.

Owl's Nest Lodge

This response submitted by A.E. Walsh on 2/22/05 at 2:06 PM. ( infoATaewalshtaxDOTcom ) 64.24.84.71

I've hunted Newfoundland several times, with several different outfitters. I've never come across anyone better than Ron Parsons at Owl's Nest Lodge. For quality of game, lodging, service and just good people, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone better.

Although I've never had the interest in Newfoundland moose, I've been in camp hunting caribou when the moose hunters tag out. They've shot some nice bulls and all been very happy.

In the three trips I've made up to Owl's Nest I've shot six caribou, three of which made either B&C or P&Y.

Send me an e-mail for more info if you wish.

Best,

Abe

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu