Misty Ridge Tanning

Submitted by Ray on 2/22/05 at 8:42 PM. ( deepruntaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 68.42.21.122

I just mounted my first deer cape of the year. This cape was wet tanned by Dave at Misty Ridge Tannery. WOW! The cape mounted like a dream. Not one hole to fix either. I get the capes to Misty Ridge green frozen, he turns them, salts them, AND completely detail shaves each cape. It saves me a ton of time and well worth it at $69 a cape. Capes are shaved even and THIN and have plenty of stretch. Great turnaround also. Dave is a gentleman to deal with to boot. If you try his tan I doubt you'll ever want to change tanneries again.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

same here

This response submitted by paul on 2/22/05 at 8:48 PM. ( ) 68.83.60.41

helped me too! ran out of freezer space took some whole frozen coyotes there, he skun them turned tanned and sent them back ready to mount in 3 wks, super job great guy to do buisness with, ought to be more like him in this buisiness!

i am

This response submitted by wilson on 2/22/05 at 9:00 PM. ( ) 198.81.26.46

i must be behind the times, I thought most tannerys charge about $30. to tan a deer cape.

wilson

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 2/22/05 at 9:02 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.70

These guys are dumping them off raw. Tanneries at that price just tan. Boy youre getting old, Wilson...lol!

hehe

This response submitted by wilson on 2/22/05 at 9:40 PM. ( ) 198.81.26.46

I never have got that; time is money thing either, must have something to do with Old but I have a lot of trouble paying someone else my money for doing something, I do for a living.
Is it just me ; I see the young going to out sourcing all their work, then whining because they have none.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu