Big Fish Waiting List

Submitted by Cecil Baird on 2/24/05 at 10:07 AM. ( email jjbaird@ligtel.com ) 64.184.33.154

I may have a large quantity of big fish in about a month with of course a paper trail to verify they did not come out of public waters.I have authorization in my state to sell fish complete with a Fish Hauler's and Suppliers permit as does the facility I will get them from.

One of my colleagues in aquaculture on a fish farm in south central Indiana is draining a private 35 acre lake in about a month, and he assures me he should have some bass over 5 lbs, crappies over 14 inches, and bluegills a pound or more. If anyone is interested keep watching the For Sale category, and if you contact me now I can put you on a waiting list although you won't be obligated to buy. This could also be a good opportunity to fill in some voids in sizes if you make repro blanks.

http://www.ligtel.com/~jjbaird/bairdfish2.htm

(260) 894-9055

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Cecil

This response submitted by Rob on 2/24/05 at 10:08 AM. ( ) 68.41.253.27

Do you have an idea on what prices might be for the crappies and gills? Thanks

Rob not yet

This response submitted by Cecil on 2/24/05 at 10:33 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.154

I need to see their actual sizes and conditions. I just don't want to commit until I know what I have.

I do a kind of fur grading thing with the fish and price accordingly, and of course fish of exceptional size are priced higher. I'll come up with a price list which will include shipping once I catalog and freeze the fish. Additionally I haven't worked out the details of the profit sharing with the supplier. I have to consider he is supplying the fish, his time and effort, my time and effort, vacum sealing material, shipping costs, shipping materials etc. I will also be doing some extensive driving to pick up these fish. I will proabably have to invest in at least one more freezer!

Put me on the list please

This response submitted by Lou on 2/24/05 at 1:47 PM. ( ljabellman@hotmail.com ) 207.199.2.34

Email me when you have an inventory and price list.

Thanks!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu