what is the best way?

Submitted by JEM on 2/24/05 at 12:23 PM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

What is the best way to get a product to market? Do I just call a supplier? Should I take it to a convention and show it?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Protect it

This response submitted by Michael Sestak on 2/24/05 at 4:56 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.134

i would protect it first, is it patentable? can you trademark it? can you protect it somehow as intelectual property? is it a new design that can be covered by a design patent?
you call some suppliers and ask who to speak with about new products, explain it to them and send them a sample to evaluate.
i would also take it to some shows, set up a booth and sell some or maybe even offer to do a seminar with the new product to show how it is different / better, and how & why it works so good.

Good Luck

Michael Sestak

i am in the 3rd year of my broadhead patent and i may have just made a pretty good agreement, only time will tell.

agree with michael

This response submitted by bw on 2/25/05 at 10:18 AM. ( ) 65.114.92.151

get it patented before you spill it to any suppliers.

i have a friend that created a product for the taxidermy industry. i worked in his shop at the time and i personally witnessed him dream up and create this apparatus. he utilized it in a piece for our state competition.

while we were there he invited the reps from a certain supplier (one of the biggest around) to come and evaluate it and give him some input on the next steps he should take. guess what........ IT WAS IN THEIR NEXT CATALOG! with out his consent! they totally swiped his idea, and the worst part is..i see it used all the time.

now they are making money off of his idea and he get nothing.

it was a hard lesson to learn.

and they lost two pretty good customers.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu