GREAT TOOL! Think you will like this one....

Submitted by Mark on 2/26/05 at 10:11 AM. ( TRSupply@hotmail.com ) 216.234.113.158

Thought I'd pass this along to anyone who uses a skife knife or can't use one because they are left handed.

I tried this tool and tossed my skife away.

http://216.71.95.146/hardware/tools/tools.html

Scroll down and take a look at the Super Skiver. This uses standard skive blades, doesn't build up like the standard knife and can be used by those of you who are left handed.

Hope you enjoy this great little find.

Mark

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

couldn't get the link to work?

This response submitted by Bob E. on 2/26/05 at 12:02 PM. ( ) 69.242.94.228

I tried to copy and paste the adress you listed, but it came up page not found....is anyone else able to view the link? Thanks,

Bob

The link worked..

This response submitted by tomdes on 2/26/05 at 12:47 PM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 24.58.211.158

Looks okay, how does it work?, pull it towards you? I say you can't beat a skife and I still contend skifes are made for lefthanders of which I am. When I hold it in my left hand, I work the blade away from me it's easier to use that way. My righthanded buddy can't use it because now you have to work the blade towards you, much more awkward. When you use a scapel, you work the blade away from you when you're trimming, same principal. They need to make a right handed skife, they'd sell more of them.

Already bought one

This response submitted by Kim on 2/26/05 at 3:22 PM. ( ) 12.181.66.149

Was at Tandy Leather and seen them. Bought husband one to try and he liked it as well.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu