Allowable Business Expenses Hunting/Fishing Trips

Submitted by Vince V. on 2/28/05 at 12:07 PM. ( ) 65.54.98.111

Am seeking input on allowable business expenses for hunting/fishing trips ie. reference, research,business contacts etc.any input would be appreciated.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

You would be wise to ask a professional accountant.

This response submitted by Todd B on 2/28/05 at 12:55 PM. ( ) 4.225.23.211

We are not the people to ask a question like this. You will get various yes and no answers from us. If I were you I would check with someone who really knows the tax laws. If you take our advice you may end up locked up, lol!

Todd B

You would be wise to ask a professional accountant.

This response submitted by Todd B on 2/28/05 at 12:57 PM. ( ) 4.225.23.211

We are not the people to ask a question like this. You will get various yes and no answers from us. If I were you I would check with someone who really knows the tax laws. If you take our advice you may end up locked up, lol!

Todd B

no, not your part.

This response submitted by John C on 2/28/05 at 1:22 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Since specimens are available the IRS will questions your part.

If you are sending a high dollar client on a gift trip its allowed after you have done $12,000. dollars worth of work.

If you are going on a research trip, gathering fish and have an established fish reproduction. you are already suppling replica to the industry, its allowable.

There are still restriction and those change yearly.

Straight from the IRS

This response submitted by Nate on 2/28/05 at 4:34 PM. ( nate@thewildlifegallery.com ) 216.111.204.11

Our accountant asked the IRS and was told that in our case the hunting expenses should be capitalized as an Asset and then we could depreciate them over time just like any other asset. These expenses included going on hunts with clients that we would be doing the taxidermy work on and also hunts where the animals would be displayed in our showroom. Todd is right though, you need to consult a good accountant!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu