The Wildlife Gallery!

Submitted by Dan Hudzik on 4/2/05 at 7:22 PM. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 66.242.208.237

WOW! Is exactly how I start this off. I have a bear skin and a L/S coyote that I wanted to send out to the tannery and I found this one to be the one of choice. Talk about EXTREMELY polite, helpful, and professional. These guys were top notch at the World Show. I wish everyone was as professional as these guys. You would not believe the quality of the hides they had at the show and I can only wait and anticipate how well my hides will turn out with them. After talking to them and listening to them describe their methods you can tell these guys have heart and pride in the work that they do. They have an awesome DVD that shows a tour of their facility and their quality. Check them out. Everyone was talking about them at the show and it was all good! When is the last time you heard everyone speaking so well about a tannery. Thanks guys! Dan Hudzik

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Amen to that!

This response submitted by Doug on 4/2/05 at 8:18 PM. ( ) 64.18.236.117

I am lucky enough to live an hour's drive from the Wildlife Gallery. They are everything Dan has said. I recommend them 100%. They also run a top-of-the-line taxidermy studio. Brad's son Owen has been taking top honors at the Michigan show for several years for his terrific pieces. Great tanning, great products, great services, and great people.

double amen

This response submitted by Glen on 4/2/05 at 8:44 PM. ( ) 24.115.97.115

I'll double that, nice to have such great work done and not have to worry about about the tan, been using for a few years and this is the number 1 tannery without a doubt,great job guys..

Same here

This response submitted by JL on 4/2/05 at 9:10 PM. ( wmlures@metro2000.net ) 216.177.1.220

I was using a West Coast tannery for quite a few years and the quality was steadily dropping.So I decided to give Wildlife Gallery a try and have been with them ever since.They do good work, good prices and good turnaround time. JL

Good Turn Around?

This response submitted by John on 4/2/05 at 9:23 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.139

I sent them all My bear capes this year, Because I had herd how good their tanning was. Then I sent all My rugs to Sivko Fur. All Of the rugs are back. and I have not even been sent an invoice from Wildlife gallery. Which they told me they send when the hides go in to the tanning process. 3 months and they still have not even started the capes. Kind of blows that 8 to 10 week turn around they told me about when I first called. Maybe they were waiting until their price increase to start.

Price increase

This response submitted by --- on 4/2/05 at 9:39 PM. ( -- ) 209.206.216.84

Better be invioced from when my hides arrived with confirmation, not when they start.

John,

This response submitted by Craig on 4/2/05 at 10:26 PM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

Are you sure they received them? Normally the tannery sends invoices when the items are received not when they start the tanning process. Better give them a call!

They are the Best

This response submitted by Randy Desormeau on 4/2/05 at 10:34 PM. ( ) 12.163.64.40

I have used them since Brad started his tanning. Great work they can do even miracels. Randy D.

I'd rather not comment!(Gimme He! OS)

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 4/3/05 at 1:29 AM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.116.139

This truly is a tannery with integrity and decent turn around time. I hate to say it because the rest of you will start using them and then there goes my turn around time. BUT, if that changes then I'll tell you of another tannery that wants to take over the business they neglected.(LOL) Hope I don't have to do that ! It has become pretty obvious that taxidermists satisfaction and turn around time is VERY prevelent when dealing with tanneries and suppliers lately. Hopefully some will continue to meet our needs. TWG, Thumbs up! Now where the heck are my discount coupons!(LMAO) Peace. Jeff F.

John

This response submitted by Justin on 4/3/05 at 11:14 AM. ( mrjwbest@yahoo.com ) 12.160.149.10

John, you may want to call the Wildlife Gallery. They send me a letter as soon as the capes arrive, but the actual invoice for billing doesn't get sent to you until the tanning process is started. As Craig said, if you haven't received "anything" from them yet, I would put a call in and the staff will be very helpful in giving you the estimated tanning dates. If they actually did recieve your skins, you should have recieved a letter by now.

Oh

This response submitted by John on 4/3/05 at 1:30 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.134

I received conformation of their receipt of the hides. 3 months ago. shortly after I shipped them. I just have not received the Invoice. Which they said would come when the hides begin the tanning process. I mounted one of their tan jobs early this fall. and was so Impressed with the work. I talked my boss into sending our tanning to them. we Only send out bear. And he thought their finished product may be too elastic for rugs. but he sent them one anyway. And all of the bear capes. when I originally called to get the information on their service. They told me 8 to 10 weeks turn around. That information was what I used to persuade my boss to give them a try. Doing so would not change anything. Well, You guessed it. We have not got an invoice. It is 12 weeks. and some of the mounts may not make the promise date to the customers. If they do not come soon. The boss gives the customers 10% off for late delivery and 10% additional for every 30 days the mounts are late. He has never had to pay anyone before. And it looks a though he may on these mounts. Guess who will catch the flack on this one.

Jeff- met some of the WLG staff at the show

This response submitted by oldshaver on 4/3/05 at 2:11 PM. ( ) 207.69.0.173

Nice fellows. Still think our tan is better,LOL. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competiveness! Speaking of competitions, to you guys in Michigan, HOW BOUT THEM TARHEELS?

TARHEELS?

This response submitted by Five-O on 4/3/05 at 10:01 PM. ( ) 66.188.40.10

O.K. I'll give you the TARHEELS cuz they handed MSU there backsides in a bag...But you know I gotta plug the Wildlife Gallery!LOL I love that friendly competition....

Don't forget, , ,

This response submitted by Mark Smith on 4/4/05 at 9:18 AM. ( ) 198.109.220.6

K & K Tannery located in Michigan too. They are great people too, and keep their promises. I have been sending my work to them since they started ten years ago and Jeff & Gary are the best father and son partnership you will ever find.

Old Shaver & "John"

This response submitted by Nate Walters on 4/4/05 at 10:43 AM. ( nate@thewildlifegallery.com ) 216.111.204.11

Old Shaver ~ it was nice to meet you and while I am a huge Spartans fan I was torn the other night because I've got Carolina winning the whole thing in a couple office pools. No doubt who the better team was that night. Always liked Roy Williams~he's a class act.

John~please contact us right away. We are soaking hides that came in January 18, 2005, which puts us at 77 actual days. It wouldn't matter what species. What is the date on your confirmation? We need to get to the bottom of this, so contact me today! Thanks!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu