I would like to ask every one

Submitted by Jimmy on 4/1/05 at 10:36 AM. ( nightbiter2001@yahoo.com ) 4.157.53.235

To say just one prayer for the holy father, the pope.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

here's mine

This response submitted by *** on 4/1/05 at 12:57 PM. ( ) 63.105.65.10

ashes to ashes. dust to dust, if not for his [expletive deleted], his belly would bust.

Holy Father

This response submitted by ** on 4/1/05 at 1:00 PM. ( ) 4.224.225.169

There is only one "Holy Father" and He is sitting on His throne right now in heaven. I will pray for the pope though.

Forgive them Father...

This response submitted by The 10th Leper on 4/1/05 at 1:15 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

...they know not what they do(or write). Jimmy,Our Holy Father John Paul II is in very good hands. His health concerns are being prayed for by many multi-denominational friends as well as by the Faithful who read your post.

Folks...

This response submitted by Marc A on 4/1/05 at 1:42 PM. ( ) 206.138.130.2

want to make negitive comments, but are too coward to put their names down.

Screw the pope

This response submitted by Jordan on 4/1/05 at 2:15 PM. ( ) 68.227.201.72

Give me a break.There is only ONE holy father.The pope is just a rotten human like the rest of us."ashes to ashes. dust to dust, if not for his [expletive deleted], his belly would bust. " What he said.The pope has mislead millions of people.

Oh yeah,

This response submitted by Jordan on 4/1/05 at 2:16 PM. ( ) 68.227.201.72

And who is this "THE FAITHFUL" that I keep hearing about?

Pope WHO!

This response submitted by David on 4/1/05 at 3:05 PM. ( ) 68.153.253.55

The pope will stand before "The Father" and be judged like the rest of us. He is no better than anyone else in Gods eyes.

Here ya go

This response submitted by Michael Sestak on 4/1/05 at 4:03 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.134

like it or not, the man is the Pope, some do refer to him as the Holy Father, its a title..nothing more.
There is only one Holy Father and you are right, he is in Heaven waiting for judgement day when all of us..believer & non - believers will have to answer for what we have done or didnt do with the lives we were given.
Now for some more controversy...
from what i understand the Pope has a FEEDING TUBE inserted, he may or may not be in a coma.
if he is in a coma and needs the feeding tube to survive, meaning that his brain is still functioning and his heart beats and he breathes on his own but needs the tube to survive.
Lets say this goes on for years, no chance of recovery, he will stay in the coma until....whenever.
think they'll yank that tube and let him starve to death like Terri Schiavo.
there is no difference what so ever....NONE.

I say man of God- not God him self.

This response submitted by Jimmy on 4/1/05 at 7:01 PM. ( nightbiter2001@yahoo.com ) 4.156.174.251

In my learning,the Pope is the closest man on this earth to my Lord Jesus who founded the church,with Peter as the first Pope,whose body lays in the vatican.This Pope is a successor to Peter.Peter's importance is told in Matthew-Chapter 16 verses 13-20.
The title Holy Father-"Holy" means man of God-not God the Father,"Father" means one you look to for guidance. Therefore "Holy Father" is one who guides in faith the way of christ.

I disagree

This response submitted by scott on 4/1/05 at 10:48 PM. ( sschuh@flinthills.com ) 64.39.203.70

No one is instructed to take on the title as Father as there is only one.There is no human that can sit in a room to listen to confessions and say I forgive you.What mumbo jumbo! So,you say,I become a Catholic,go shoot someone and go confess to some human being and they forgive me? I would have the same seat in eternal live as a Christian who walked a straight life? I don't think so.It amazes me of how many religions there are and how many have to twist the word of God into their own meaning.It is black and white nothing more.

Scott

This response submitted by Jimmy on 4/2/05 at 2:08 AM. ( nightbiter2001@yahoo.com ) 4.157.29.178

I have the legal title Father to my kids,so what do I tell them, don't call me your Father any more because there is only Father and he is God in heaven.Or I'm not going to call my priest Father any more,I'll just call him Joe because there is only one Father, God in heaven."Father is a title meaning respect of".

And me being catholic and going out and shoot some one,or I'm a taxidermist and I'm going to steal this guys antlers,and then just go to confession and God will foregive me,it would be better if I was never born,then to face God on that one.

So to some it up you don't no what you are talking about,and you don't understand what confession is. But at least you are men enough to put your name down.

I think...

This response submitted by JC on 12/31/69 at 8:14 PM. ( ) 204.62.206.252

he is a terrorist hiding a scud missle under that hat of his.

Look!

This response submitted by JC on 12/31/69 at 8:22 PM. ( ) 204.62.206.252

I think I was just caught in some kind of time warp, look at the date of my post....I..I think I was probed by Aliens or maybe it was a Catholic priest.

The pope not taxidermy

This response submitted by Mr. T on 4/2/05 at 9:10 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.110

The pope is way over rated by Catholic people. They think he so holy. When in fact, the Holy Spirit only indwells in men temporally to get a job done, and then leaves. The cliché of being filled with the spirit is a hoax. The Holy Spirit cannot live or fill an earthly corrupted body, only partially indwell it enough to get it to the position for God to use it, then moves on. To depend on a man to get you forgiven, is a slap in the face of Jesus who already took care of everyone's sins long ago. Wake UP Catholics! Read the WHOLE Bible for you're self, and don't go by what you are taught by tradition.

The pope is our earthly father - Jesus' Church...

This response submitted by gopher on 4/2/05 at 10:59 AM. ( gophers@surfmk.com ) 4.245.78.185

I will pray for all unbelievers, especially on this Divine Mercy Sunday. I will give a little info on the authority of the pope given by Jesus himself, and also why we call him "father", and why the Catholic Church is the church Jesus established. Jimmy thanks for your example of true faith.

A little edu from "Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth"...
Jesus gave Peter special authority among the apostles (John 21:15-17) and signified this by changing his name from Simon to Peter, which means "rock" (John 1:42). He said Peter was to be the rock on which he would build his Church (Matt. 16:18).
In Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke, Simon's new name was Kepha (which means massive rock). Later this name was translated into Greek as Petros (John 1:42) and into English as Peter. Christ gave Peter alone the "keys of the kingdom" (Matt. 16:19) and promised that Peter's decisions would be binding in heaven. He also gave similar power to the other apostles (Matt. 18:18) but only Peter was given the keys, symbols of his authority to rule the Church on earth in Jesus' absence.
Christ, the Good Shepherd, called Peter to be the chief shepherd of his Church (John 21:15-17). He gave Peter the task of strengthening the other apostles in their faith, ensuring that the faith of the Church would never fo astray (Luke 22:31-32). Peter led the Church in proclaiming the gospel and making decisions (Acts 2:1-41, 15:7-12).
Early Christian writings tell us that Peter's successors, the bishops of Rome (who from the earliest times have been called by the affectionate title of "pope", which means "papa"), continued to exercise Peter's ministry in the Church.
The pope is the successor to Peter as bishop of Rome. The world's other bishops are successors to the apostles in general.

Locating the Church founded by Jesus must have the four chief qualities of his Church, it must be...one, holy, catholic ("Catholic" means Universal), and apostolic. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt, 16:18) (notice he said "Church", not churches). Only the Catholic Church has existed since the first century, and the line of popes can be traced back in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is all testimony to the Church's divine origin, much more than just a human organization, despite some of it's human members having been uswise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

The Pope

This response submitted by Michael Sestak on 4/2/05 at 11:08 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.139

is a very good and holy man. he deserves our respect as others do too.
the problem with religions is that the LEADERS of these religions want for us to follow what they say..blindly.
The catholic religion (i was born and raised catholic)not only teaches the bible but they also put a heavy perspective on the "Code of Canon Law"... this is man made doctrine and i for one disagree with the catholic church based on this "code"
there for i now consider myself a christian instead of a catholic and before anyone starts screaming about me being better than them...believe me, i am not better than anyone nor do i percieve myself to be so.
i just think that going to confession gives the priest something to talk about amongst themselves, i do not believe that they can forgive you of your sins so that you may one day walk thru the pearly gates into heaven, i do believe that going to church makes a person feel better about themselves and that helping others is the way to go.
and if we feel better about ourselves then in time...we become a better person too.

BULLCRAP!

This response submitted by Jordan on 4/3/05 at 11:18 PM. ( ) 68.227.201.72

"The pope is a very good and holy man" Hes filthy rich,living under the protection of the vatican(was living anyway)and I have no respect for the man.What does good mean anyway?How can a man be holy?Catholicism was made by men that were sinful and not in anyway perfect.Therefore it is not perfect,and infact,its WAY OFF BASE!Read the whole bible for yourself!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu