Jeanette makes it home from the WTC in one piece!

Submitted by Jeanette Hall on 4/5/05 at 3:43 PM. ( eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 12.165.105.56

I just wanted to let all of my new and old friends alike that I made it home in one piece lastnight. What an incredible show! I have never endured stress over my pieces as I did at the show. It was tough doing finish work 2 hours before the deadline to enter my pieces! I will NEVER do that again! I pulled out 4 more grey hairs and even a grey eyebrow hair before the end of the show. I met so many new and wonderful faces. It was great to meet some of the people I have chatted with on taxinet, but had never met face to face until a few days ago. Thank you, George, for the book and the taxi tuck! It was great to see you again and to meet your wonderful wife!

I honestly was not prepared for the high quality of work displayed. Some of the animals were so incredibly lifelike I expected some of them to move. I really have to step it up for the next WTC!

The wind down party was just too much fun. Ted had me laughing so hard that my stomach STILL hurts! Dino was a wild man on the dance floor, and I never knew that Bruce Rittel was such a great slow dance partner. Stefan can cut a rug, too! Ken Edwards was just awesome playing the keyboard and singing!

During the drive home I reflected on how much I learned, all of the friends I made, and where would my taxidermy career take me next. There was a terrible storm on the Western end of Wyoming and it continued on through Salt Lake City. The clouds parted and the sun was just beginning to set. I looked at the sky full of dark clouds. There I saw a perfect horse head formed in the thunderhead. It had an arched neck and slightly open mouth as it charged ahead of the storm. Not 5 minutes later, the clouds lit up and I immediately felt my grandfather speaking to me. He had a poem that he would tell me when I was feeling down...

If you have tried
And have not won
Never stop for crying
For behind each black cloud
There lies a silver lining.

I shed I few tears in silence for my grandfather. I know he was looking down on me at that moment. I had not thought of that poem in years. Suddenly I realized that I should not be sad that I did not do as well as I thought I would on my mounts. My silver lining will come in Reno.

I hope you all made it home safely and continue pushing on for perfection in everything you do.

I love you all, -Jeanette

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Jeanette

This response submitted by Mark Wilson on 4/5/05 at 3:59 PM. ( Mark@AfricanHunting.Info ) 24.118.33.43

The real winning comes from always trying to get better!

The rest is just gravy!

Everyone who competes with this attitude is always a winner!

All of our silver linings are actually the wonderful people in this industry!

Take care, and see you in Sioux Falls in July.

Sincerely,

Mark Wilson

Jennette

This response submitted by R.J. Meyer II on 4/5/05 at 4:45 PM. ( trophyroom@journey.com ) 207.241.134.195

Not to worry little one....After standing in line behind you for 45 minutes and with you in blue jeans, I for one can say you have an "Award Winning A #1 Butt" LOL hey where was sugar pig ?

At least someone missed me

This response submitted by Sugar Pig on 4/6/05 at 11:43 AM. ( ) 152.163.101.10

I was unable to come at the last minute. Missed all of you a lot, but thanks to Tom Voyer was updated on all the happenings (good and not so good. LOL) I'll meet you in Montana next year though, how's that? Then you can stand in line behind me for 45 minutes if you like. LOL

COOL

This response submitted by Billy B on 4/6/05 at 12:55 PM. ( ) 207.241.132.42

I could stand behind you for days Sugar Pig !! I did miss you. R.J.

What did Voyer tell you?

This response submitted by George on 4/6/05 at 3:40 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.117.10

Every time I saw him, he was behind some young sprite with his nose up in the air. Ya know, kinda like R.J. LMAO

George

This response submitted by R,J, Meyer II on 4/6/05 at 4:30 PM. ( ) 207.241.132.199

Hey, I actually missed you...........Hope you are feeling well. I must confess, I missed all the bullcrap you always cause on this site during your illness. Best of luck with the NTA thing............R.J.

oh RJ

This response submitted by Jeanette Hall on 4/7/05 at 11:13 AM. ( ) 12.165.105.79

If only you could understand! I wish all men could be like Ken Walker. Someday you might acquire some class. Talk to Ken... perhaps he can help you...

hey RJ

This response submitted by JEM on 4/8/05 at 5:17 PM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

I bet you have the women beating your down to be with you huh? Get some class guy.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu