Want to see the best looking Bass to ever hit ebay?

Submitted by Eric on 4/10/05 at 9:27 AM. ( plstaxidermy@winco.net ) 165.166.123.240

Look at item # 7148493868....LOL

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

The bad part

This response submitted by Steve D on 4/10/05 at 10:01 AM. ( aaa_taxidermy@yahoo.com ) 24.50.46.54

The bad part is that when it was originally done it was probably considered to be a very good mount. That's the reason we (taxidermists) have such a hard time now because people are still dealing with things like that and the average person doesn't know any better, I mean look at the first line of her description "HERE WE HAVE ONE REALLY BEAUTIFUL PIECE' no education. People that buy mounts like this are people that don't hunt or fish and just want something to liven up the decor of the house or camp. I'm sure someone will buy it hang it up and think it's the most beautiful thing they have ever seen. problem is we would probally all do the same if we didnt know any better.By the way eric your right.. LOL

eric

This response submitted by wilson on 4/10/05 at 10:11 AM. ( ) 207.200.116.197

haha .didnt take you long; a shop for almost one year now and making fun of others ,what a man.

No taxidermist involved

This response submitted by Bob Mead on 4/10/05 at 10:13 AM. ( meadtaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 63.162.143.21

This is obviously a cast piece that involved no taxidermist in its production. It's no different than the crappy animal statues you can buy at Wal-Mart that take a poor stab at representing the animal.

This is not a fiberglass reproduction that is poorly painted, it is a fish statue that is poorly painted. I think the person who buys it knows it's not very good quality...but it's probably cheap.

Bob Mead

Wilson

This response submitted by Eric on 4/10/05 at 10:33 AM. ( plstaxidermy@winco.net ) 165.166.123.240

Not that your opinion counts, but I guess you are entitled to it. I have been doing taxidermy for 6 years now, this is my first year in my new shop, so I could expand. I never said my work is world class, but I am starting to recieve more and more work, since people are seeing my work. I have people coming from 2 and 300 miles away now, just to bring me thier mounts. Better check your "closet" before you start bashing other people. Looks to me like you are one that would buy that fish, and call it a piece of art. Good Day To You, Eric

eric

This response submitted by wilson on 4/10/05 at 10:49 AM. ( ) 207.200.116.197

a few things you can check , one is i never make fun of others work not even yours but i do pull my pant down and show others what an ass i am and i also make fun of others opinions .

It;s nice your doing well and hope you continue to grow but by putting others down for their work, will come back to bite you.

Ebay is a garage sale nothing more!

Finally....

This response submitted by Craig on 4/10/05 at 11:40 AM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

someone other than George and Cecil going at it. Yeehaw!

<>?<>?<>?<>?<>

This response submitted by EARL on 4/10/05 at 5:58 PM. ( ANT/TAX ) 68.82.15.121

Stevie Wonder could "see" it's not a mount,DUH..Remember most customers wouldn't know good work if it was ?

DON'T hate to say it....

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 4/10/05 at 10:54 PM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 64.12.116.131

BUT, The only person you degrade through incrimination is yourself. BTW, Wilson has paid more than a few dues over the years. I don't think you want to go there bragging about 6 years and customers from )miles. It doesn't mean anything! Talk your walk and let others do the same. No bad intentions meant but...do remember where you came from and where you'd like to go! Best Wishes. Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu