Taxidermy suppliers

Submitted by Joe SC on 4/19/05 at 6:11 PM. ( ) 205.188.117.67

When I was a young'un I "played around with taxidermy" but only in the last 8 years I really got serious about it.I used to order from [a supply company] out of Louisiana and I sent for a catalog the other day and just received it.I really like the variety of mannikins he has to offer. I have never heard anyone say anything good or bad about this supplier! Does anybody out there deal with them? I am just curious because I've never heard them mentioned on this site.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

not mentioned because

This response submitted by Cart on 4/19/05 at 6:17 PM. ( ) 66.243.196.49

a few years ago he was stealing all the other supliers forms.Breaking copyrights. He is also a jerk. .

Joe, do yourself a favor

This response submitted by George on 4/19/05 at 7:02 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.101.6

In the top margin of this page, click the "Links" icon. Then scroll down and click "Copying Mannikins & The Law". You might get some reeducating on this matter.

Suppliers

This response submitted by Drew on 4/19/05 at 7:19 PM. ( ) 66.213.218.226

Why would you need to order from that company when you have McKenzie, Research Mannikins, Joe Coombs, Tru-fitt, Van Dykes, and WASCO?

What about [a supply company]

This response submitted by Wolf Man on 4/19/05 at 7:32 PM. ( timberwolftaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 24.151.151.81

Never have ordered from him but have his catalog and like the look of some of his mannikins? Would like to know what someone who has used them think.

What was that

This response submitted by Wolf Man on 4/19/05 at 7:38 PM. ( timberwolftaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 24.151.151.81

In the title I tryed to write Dan last name chase, but it showed up (a supply company).

Sorry George

This response submitted by Wolf Man on 4/19/05 at 7:50 PM. ( Timberwolftaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 24.151.151.81

I spoke before I went to the search button. Found my answer. Just a beginer, be easy on me. LOL

[a supply company]?

This response submitted by charles on 4/19/05 at 7:53 PM. ( ) 65.246.113.54

this the company you guys are talking about?

Do what George suggests

This response submitted by Travis on 4/19/05 at 8:04 PM. ( ) 130.76.96.17

That was the first time I ever read that...that is good stuff..great information about copywrite laws.

It wont show his name...

This response submitted by Drew on 4/19/05 at 8:48 PM. ( ) 140.226.180.157

They have this site rigged so that it won't display Dan Cha.se. He did a bunch of crooked stuff in the past and really pissed off the industry. Such as bootlegging other company's forms.

Good Supplier...Use Them!

This response submitted by William on 4/20/05 at 1:24 AM. ( ) 68.53.102.244

Joe regardless of how these other people feel about D.C. they have a pretty good selection of forms. Some are not of the best quality but then again you can find something wrong with all the other suppliers sooner or later. Their DP(Dry Preservative) is the best I have used and I have been in it for over 34 years. Sure he made a big mistake a while back but he has paid the price for it. A lot of his critics are probably just as crooked. I have seen enough shady dealings in the taxidermy idustry among taxidermist to write a book! I will leave that topic for another day!

I ordered one and won't again....

This response submitted by Dan Hudzik on 4/20/05 at 2:43 AM. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 66.242.208.237

When I first started I made a grave mistake. I use to hand the catalogs to my customers and let them pick out the form they wanted. Well I had on guy that picked a half L/S jumping W/T form. Never again! When I got the form it had the ugliest seams I have ever seen, yes still to this day I have never seen seams like this on a form. I spent a lot of time trying to alter the form to make it look like a whitetail and then quite a few hours just sanding down the seams. Once I got the seams sanded down then I had to smooth out the holes (air pockets in the foam). Now granted this guy never did anything to me directly and I have never had any personal problems with him. I have nothing bad to say about him but in the same breathe I will never use another form from there. I would rather buy a similar form from one of the other supply companies and alter the heck out of it before going through that crap again. I would think that the other supply companies would have easily considered this a 2nd or worse. Good Luck in your choices but like Drew said, WASCO, Research, McKenzie, Van Dykes, Matt Thompson, Jim Allred, and some more, any of these people should have what you need! Dan Hudzik

Bear Forms!

This response submitted by jt on 4/20/05 at 10:15 AM. ( ) 198.111.220.197

I use his forms all of the time and think his bear forms are very easy to work with. I like the heads. It seems like the eye to nose is a little shorter, but the width is what the customers love. And these forms have it. I also loke using the coyote forms, they seem to fit very good. Badger, fox, raccoon, all of them. Not the BEAVER forms though! But his DP is the absolute best!

Thanks to all of you

This response submitted by Joe SC on 4/20/05 at 1:40 PM. ( ) 64.12.117.6

That's a pretty shady deal! Thanks for the info George, very interesting reading.Thanks to all that replyed.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu