It is never to late.

Submitted by It's time on 4/21/05 at 9:39 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

I, _________________________ (fill in the blank), being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means.

Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of peckerwood politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended on it.

If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to sit up and ask for a cold beer, it should be presumed that I won't do so ever again. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my spouse, children and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it a day.

Under no circumstances shall the members of the Legislature enact a special law to keep me on life-support machinery. It is my wish that these boneheads mind their own damn business, and pay attention instead to the health, education and future of the millions of Americans who aren't in a permanent coma and who nonetheless may be in need of nourishment.

Under no circumstances shall any politicians butt into this case. I don't care how many fundamentalist votes they're trying to scrounge for their run for the presidency in 2008, it is my wish that they play politics with someone else's life and leave me alone to die in peace.

I couldn't care less if a hundred religious zealots send e-mails to
legislators in which they pretend to care about me. I don't know these people, and I certainly haven't authorized them to preach and/or crusade on my behalf. They should mind their own damn business, too.

If any of my family goes against my wishes and turns my case into a
political cause, I hereby promise to come back from the grave and make his or her existence a living hell.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

lets just devalue

This response submitted by jim on 4/22/05 at 9:52 AM. ( ) 63.227.252.186

all life, kill em all and let "thier" God sort it out. You know like all the dictators and scum of history have; You first. We could just cut and paste Hollands law! 10% of all deaths there not counting abortion are now NON-permission assisted, get rid of them! Did you hear the story of a girl on a feeding tube and in a coma in Kansas for 20 years who woke up a a few weeks ago like it was only overnight for her? Of course not, the news mostly missed that one.

Jim

This response submitted by Eric on 4/22/05 at 10:24 AM. ( plstaxidermy@winco.net ) 165.166.123.240

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, and thats was "It's Time's" opinion, but there are always different circumstances with every time a decision has to be made wether to "pull the plug" or not. Everyone should at the very least tell a loved one if they want to be on life support or not, and even better yet, have it in writting.
I know this all first hand, I lost my mother-in-law 4 years ago and all of us as a family had to make that dreaded decision. It was her wish not to be on machines keeping her alive, and she made that clear years before. She had a sudden heart attack, that still baffles the doctors today, because she seen doctors every month for her diabetes and nothing like this was every found to be a problem. She was "legally dead" for 7 minutes before she was brought back. She had extensive brain damage and we were told she would never come off the machines after many brain wave tests were conducted. Long story short, I still dread the day that we decided what day she would die. It was the hardest thing all of us have ever had to do, but it was her wishes and we were going to keep them. We all stood by the bed and watched her die. LITTERALLY! It took 8 days for that decision to be finally made and it seemed like an eternity. What you see when a person is in that condition is unbelievable. Just my thought on the subject. Eric

big differencne

This response submitted by paul e on 4/22/05 at 1:11 PM. ( americanmetalfab@bellsouth.net ) 65.6.68.154

big difference between not feeding someone
and
removing oxygen
but
some will hug a tree and dont have a problem killing a baby
i wonder what bunch that is

Jim

This response submitted by wetnwild on 4/22/05 at 7:03 PM. ( ) 24.128.109.191

The difference between the two cases you spaeak of is one of the women( schiavo) had severe if not total brain destruction, and the other had no brain injury at all.

we just must be carefull

This response submitted by jim on 4/22/05 at 8:43 PM. ( ) 63.227.252.186

as a society. Eric, thats a bummer story. I think when you are in a coma for 20 years you can be considered to have something along the lines of brain damage. Miracles do happen. But Make everyone an exception. Start with the unborn, then the dieing, then the retarded, then the disabled, then the old, then the burdensome, then the jews then the fill in the blanks. That is a road many countries have taken. We MUST value human life and make every effort to make LIFE more important than all else, we must be very careful, and there may be and are some rare exceptions but we are on a very slippery slope when we start starving and killing the defenceless.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu