Mule kills Mountain Lion

Submitted by Kim on 4/22/05 at 10:59 AM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Check this out! Interesting!

http://www.tombstonetumbleweed.com/This_Week/BadAssKillsCougar/badasskillscougar.HTM

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

you gotta love mules

This response submitted by G-man on 4/22/05 at 11:41 AM. ( ) 69.240.148.44

-

Did Mule Have license or permit?

This response submitted by Muleskinner on 4/22/05 at 12:17 PM. ( ) 63.170.184.137

Something need to be done. Do it.

Another internet fable

This response submitted by George on 4/22/05 at 2:00 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.200

Just like the "world record grizzly", this one is phoney as well. Dount believe it? Look at the lion dogs in the background sitting there while this mule bounces the lion around a little. Look at the lion. Looks dead to me and with the dogs tied that closely, doesn't look like they think the cat is worth the effort either. Bottom line, dead lion brought back to the pack mules and one mule seeks a little postmortem vindication.

George, LMAO:: One "ass" to the other huh?

This response submitted by Kim on 4/22/05 at 7:33 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

George,

You speculate, do you not? LMAO:: Unless, of course, you know (from one to the other) what an "ass" would do. Do you? Check it out fully and let us know.

Having fun,

Kim

Kim, aren't you an NRA member

This response submitted by George on 4/22/05 at 8:27 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

It was in the American Hunter just out. All the "urban legends" concocted from pictures released to the internet. The "man eating world record grizzly" and the "mule kills cougar" were the featured subjects. Now guess whose ass is showing? LOL

George, I am part of everything on this planet......

This response submitted by Kim on 4/22/05 at 8:44 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

George,

So, you read an article, or visit a web page that SAYS that ALL of these things are a legend? Well, I guess that is the gossip you choose to believe. I just brought it to the attention of others. GEEEEEZE! Shoot the messenger....or the person that creates a mess? After all, it was in an NRA mag. LOL: That is the Bible to some people isn't it?
I have always found it a wise thing to check out any information myself and be positive about the facts. That is the beginning of true knowledge. However, you never know. The TRUTH is stranger than fiction....now that is a fact!

Oh, I didn't take it for gospel, I looked at the pictures

This response submitted by George on 4/22/05 at 11:05 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.200

And I know a cougar that size might fall to a mule that was pissed off, but not before being stuck to its nose like a glob of snot. The first picture shows the cat laying at the mule's feet with it's head on the ground facing away from the mule. The next picture shows the cat being lifted by its back leg and being swung away. This picture COULD be seen as the cat being alive as it's head is snapped around, but if you enlarge the picture, you see the cats eyes are closed along with its mouth and theres blood all over its face. The last picture is the mule doing a tap dance on a lifeless body. In ALL THREE pictures, a tethered lion hound is sitting within a few yards on it's haunches, ears down, as if it's waiting for the movie to begin. Maybe cats in Colorado act like that, but the ones I've seen in Idaho and New Mexico sure didn't.

George, the cat was already dead before the photos

This response submitted by Kim on 4/23/05 at 1:21 AM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

It really does not matter to me either way. However, it was stated that the pics were taken AFTER the facts.
It is possible that a mule or any other animal that size could kill a Mtn. Lion. But I agree with you! That mule would be tore up in the face and other parts of it's body.
I have seen a Mtn. Lion in action and it is something to see. LOL: Colorado cats act the same way as other cats except during an election. At this cycle of time,it is called the "Hillary--Reno effect." I will let your imagination explain the rest of that agenda.
AS a matter of fact, I am in the early stages of designing a fight scene of a Mt. Lion and bear. Gonna need a lot of room for this job!--it's mine so I can take my time on it.

Back Up

This response submitted by mark on 4/24/05 at 8:29 AM. ( Shmockaloc@cox.net ) 68.107.188.142

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mulelion.asp

I know you guys are already over it. This is what George was talking about.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu