Gotta Love Michigan....

Submitted by Coyote on 4/23/05 at 9:40 AM. ( coyote@wideopenwest.com ) 69.14.89.168

We have been having weather in the 70's and 80's, people cutting their grass, and getting their garden soils ready for planting. And now we have 36 to 38 degrees and snow. And they're talking up to 6in. I refuse to shovel any more snow.

Coyote

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Under you

This response submitted by mark on 4/23/05 at 9:49 AM. ( Shmockaloc@cox.net ) 68.107.188.142

Hey Coyote

Im under you guys in Ohio. We already broke our record for snowfall. Im w/ you. I got my bike up for the season just in time for this last storm. ODOT has the trucks filled w/ salt <sigh>
I hope our Turkeys can keep the nests warm. Could make for a low hatching season. Hang in there
Mark

So much

This response submitted by Crusty on 4/23/05 at 9:59 AM. ( ) 209.165.183.148

for global warming, huh? Sounds like here in Alaska....

Yep!

This response submitted by Bill on 4/23/05 at 10:11 AM. ( huntingfool42@msn.com ) 63.232.30.79

I live in southern MI..., glad my turkey season ended on the second day! A few weeks ago, we would've thought this was warm weather.., Just starting to spit a little snow here. If April showers bring May flowers, what does April snow bring? LOL
Bill

Even in CA!

This response submitted by Can't wait for warm weather on 4/23/05 at 11:04 AM. ( ) 70.97.94.187

It's bad all over guys! Here we are in north east CA and it snowed 2 days last week and they are predicting snow for the next 4 days! I know ya'll think we are all palm trees and beaches...T'aint so. We got 51 inches of snow this winter, and I'm ready to move to the Bahamas I think.
Sick of winter

Bill - Your lucky

This response submitted by Dawn on 4/23/05 at 11:46 AM. ( ) 216.46.212.49

However, not because of the snow (lol) I am in central Michigan and I have been hunting turkeys since opening day. Every best laid plan has had its flaw. Roosted a long beard last night. Braved the frigid temps and snow this morning and waited for daybreak. I could hear the gobble cut through the blistery wind and I awaited him to come out of the tree. There we are braving the wind sitting behind this incredibly large oak tree just waiting for them to light down in the field just in front of me. As Murphy's law would have it his ever so bright hen flys down to the south of me (now I was planning north in my best laid plan) and my ever faithful hunting buddy (the husband) is whispering to me to turn around. After she passes by us she stops ever so briefly and immediately starts clucking feverishly and heads back toward the woodline. Between her clucking I hear the words - the gig is up. As the frozen tears flow down my cheeks (just kidding) I am left to ponder - the whole idea of having to wake again early tomorrow, brave the snow that will be on the ground, and don the winter hunting gear to chase after a BIRD.

When my husband took me on my first turkey hunt I never realized I would become a hunting fool. So tomorrow when you awaken to your cup of coffee in your nice toasty house - remember those of us who are braving mothers nature cruel sense of humor - out there chasing the Elusive Michigan Bird -

And pray that my best laid plan finally WORKS. (lol)

Me too Dawn

This response submitted by Mr. T on 4/23/05 at 12:44 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.40

Took the guns for a long walk this mornning, saw two hens across the field, that was it. I dread tomorrow mornings hunt, maybe I should put together a mount tonight instead. I see two inches of snow out the window now.

Good Luck

This response submitted by Bill on 4/23/05 at 1:58 PM. ( huntingfool42@msn.com ) 63.232.31.26

To all that decide to brave the cold tomorrow in MI.., Dawn, I've been there, done that, but it's still fun, isn' it? When you finally bring that tom home, you're gonna appreciate it even more!
P.S. Glad to see there's more than one "hunting fool" out there, LOL!
Bill

Hate it for you, Coyote

This response submitted by JRoberts on 4/23/05 at 9:08 PM. ( ) 65.184.143.32

My Mom and sister live up there in Ann Arbor. I tried to warn them but they just wouldn't listen and moved anyway. LOL. I, on the other hand, live on the North Carolina coast. Two blocks from the beach. I spent the morning catching "specks" down at the inlet. It got so hot out on the water today that I had to come out of my t-shirt! Of course in July and August when I'm simmering in my own juices, you can feel free to laugh at me.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu