Is it just me?

Submitted by mrdux on 4/25/05 at 11:33 PM. ( mrdux@refugemail.com ) 68.155.195.226

I try to spread my supply business around to many of the different vendors. There are few out there that I haven't used. I have bought a ton of stuff for my studio from Van Dykes, esp.mounting stands and wall mount units, hide stretcher, etc. I get more frustrated each time I order from Van Dykes by the excessive time it takes to get my order. When I use say McKenzie, I can get my order in 3-4 working days. I ordered from Van Dykes over a week ago and my order hasn't been processed according to my debit statement at my bank. This means my order hasn't even left the building so I have to tack on shipment time! I know South Dakota isn't Grand Central Station but this is getting rediculous! Am I the only one experiencing this? I have mentioned this to them in the past.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Old news

This response submitted by Drew on 4/25/05 at 11:52 PM. ( ) 140.226.180.252

They are very busy and back ordered on lots of things. i just ordered a form from them on Wednesday, and got it today. You have to always ask if the item you want is in stock. Were you ordering forms? I know they are out of some forms and are waiting for them to get cast.

Join the club

This response submitted by Mark on 4/26/05 at 3:12 AM. ( Mitrooper27@yahoo.com ) 136.181.195.45

McKenzie has always been faster and much more professional than Van Dykes...for me anyhow

Heck I ordered stuff from....

This response submitted by Dan Hudzik on 4/26/05 at 4:02 AM. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 66.242.208.237

Van Dykes just Monday and I received everything from them on Thursday. I live in Illinois and have never had a problem with them. I was a little concerned on the last order because I keep seeing post like this one, but everything arrived just as normal as it always has for the last 6-7 years. No problems. Of course McKenzie & WASCO orders seem to get here in 3 days, and Research orders are usually next day actually. I think some of us just have bad luck sometimes and others of us have good luck! LOL Good Luck on your next order. Dan Hudzik

it is not just you

This response submitted by stanley on 4/26/05 at 7:00 AM. ( ) 66.82.9.55

I allways have trouble getting my stuff I have never ordered from them and had my stuff shipped from their wharehouse within a week.

Problem Solved

This response submitted by b on 4/26/05 at 8:09 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

DON"T ORDER FROM THEM. If you are such a small time operator that you cannot manage your work load around the time schedule of a supplier. Then don't use that supplier. It will save you from crying, and us from having to listen to it. It's that simple

There's one in every crowd

This response submitted by mrdux on 4/26/05 at 8:59 AM. ( ) 68.155.195.226

I got confirmation that Van Dykes debited my account this AM. My concern was that I might be going about their order situation in a way that needed changing. I have no desire to stop ordering from them as I have been pleased with everything but the time it takes to get my supplies vs. other suppliers. Obviously I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

To "b", the anomymous smart-ass---my time schedule is just fine and my operation is just fine.I wasn't crying ---just wanting to know if I was the Lone Ranger on this. If I don't like something posted here that doesn't pertain directly to me or my situation, I let it go rather than making some stupid response and attack such as yours.

Stanley...confused

This response submitted by Craig on 4/26/05 at 9:28 AM. ( ) 66.66.226.179

If you never ordered from them why would they ship you stuff? Must have been a typo.

As a taxidermist

This response submitted by duckfeathers on 4/26/05 at 1:04 PM. ( ) 70.110.186.222

I can't complain about delivery time as it takes me at least 6 months to deliver to my customers.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu