Unreal!

Submitted by **** on 4/27/05 at 7:22 PM. ( ) 24.166.159.197

I so don't get this! The moderating on this forum confuses me. I typed in assumption (a#@umption)..and I got an expletive deleted. This word is not an expletive. Yet I read other messages that contain phrases like "you mad cause now he can't corn-hole you any more?" Anyone care to explain this to me?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Give him a break!

This response submitted by oldshaver on 4/27/05 at 8:11 PM. ( ) 24.162.230.125

With hundreds of people visiting this forum every day, its impossible to block out every combination of slang and crude or sugestive language in our vocabulary. Its Kens(the moderator) attempt to keep things clean.

things have quieted down lately

This response submitted by mysterio on 4/27/05 at 11:06 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.134

You should have been here before the election!

Profanity

This response submitted by ByGolly on 4/27/05 at 11:07 PM. ( ) 63.170.184.137

Profanity is the strong expression of a weak mind.. Knights of Columbus 1892. That pretty well sums it up.

By Golly, you're full of it too

This response submitted by George on 4/27/05 at 11:13 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

That statement fits right up there along with "Reading comic books is a waste of learning time". Bet the guys who draw them don't agree with that either.

I figure I'm bilingual. I speak what I consider to me exceptionally definitive English. But sometimes I run into dorks who need more expressive adjectives placed as invectives in front of nouns so that their nomenclature is irrefutably distinguishable from candid conversations. It that happens to be "profane" to you, all I can say is "tough". (BTW, in 1892 women weren't allowed to vote or wear slacks and school only went to the 8th grade. Doesn't say much for their literacy either does it?)

Here George

This response submitted by Comic Book Writer on 4/27/05 at 11:35 PM. ( ) 63.170.184.137

What's Wrong With Swearing?

Swearing Imposes a Personal Penalty
It gives a bad impression
It makes you unpleasant to be with
It endangers your relationships
It's a tool for whiners and complainers
It reduces respect people have for you
It shows you don't have control
It's a sign of a bad attitude
It discloses a lack of character
It's immature
It reflects ignorance
It sets a bad example

Swearing is Bad for Society
It contributes to the decline of civility
It represents the dumbing down of America
It offends more people than you think
It makes others uncomfortable
It is disrespectful of others
It turns discussions into arguments
It can be a sign of hostility
It can lead to violence

Swearing corrupts the English language
It's abrasive, lazy language
It doesn't communicate clearly
It neglects more meaningful words
It lacks imagination
It has lost its effectiveness

MOXNIX

This response submitted by Kim on 4/28/05 at 1:00 AM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

That "foul" language is what makes the series DEADWOOD so popular

To ****

This response submitted by Ken Edwards on 4/28/05 at 8:27 AM. ( ken@taxidermy.net ) 207.69.1.200

Obviously you didn't type in "assumption", because that word came through fine. The Expletive Deleted program automatically replaces certain words automatically as they are typed in. This is done primarily to keep the Taxidermy Net open to schools, libraries, and major search engines. If a web site contains a lot of profanity, it becomes off limits to many of these directories.

Also, what Comic Book Writer said.

slow season!

This response submitted by Pete on 4/28/05 at 9:09 AM. ( ) 209.60.105.201

There appears to be alot of idle time around to even respond that many times to that.

That's Crap!

This response submitted by Bill Jones on 4/28/05 at 11:22 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.199

I like to swear! Not around certain people. There is a place and time. When you smack your finger with a hammer or stub your toe, it helps me feel better to let r rip! A sign of hostility or violence? I don't thinks so. Language at hunting camp is different than it is around the house with the wife and kids (older kids) Even if he have a young guy or girl in the camp, we watch what we say, even though they are more educated on vulgar language through MTV, HBO etc. The one thing I don't do is take the Lord's name in vain! I'm not a holy roller, yes I go to church once a week, but that's one thing I stay away from. And hell yeah, I like Deadwood! My wife said, "Do you really think they used that much vulgarity back then?" I said without a doubt! LOL

MP3 of Ben Kingsley in "Sexy Beast"

This response submitted by recommend this movie on 4/28/05 at 1:27 PM. ( ) 128.241.42.252

http://www.geocities.com/sbmoviemp3/mp3/knockback.mp3

Comic Book Writer

This response submitted by George on 4/28/05 at 8:12 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.134

You lead a very sheltered and drab life and shouldn't be allowed to mingle with adults unsupervised. And before you forget, the "English" language no longer exists in today's world. We tend to speak "American" as our language has become a colorful melting pot of dialects from around the world. I'd prefer being profane any day over being a dullard.

Well George

This response submitted by comic book writer on 4/29/05 at 9:16 AM. ( ) 63.170.184.137

People who don't fit,
Get the only fun they get,
from puting other people down.

If the shoe fits wear it.

I'd rather be a dullard than a bore.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu