Old question

Submitted by Chuck Darwin III on 4/28/05 at 12:14 PM. ( ) 70.97.151.223

If man evolved from apes, how come there are still apes?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Shared a common ancestor

This response submitted by KB on 4/28/05 at 12:35 PM. ( ) 164.58.213.17

The theory states, they may have shared a common ancestor, not that a chimp was walking along and stood up and became a man. Modern man didn't evolve from a modern ape. Your statement is one of the most common misconceptions of the evolutionary theory. It is normally stated by people who do not understand the evolutionarry theory. Obviously you misunderstood your Grandfather's theory.

ITS SIMPLE

This response submitted by paul e on 4/28/05 at 1:41 PM. ( americanmetalfab@bellsouth.net ) 68.222.59.190

one day a monkey was jumping through the trees
got his tail caught and it ripped right off
so their it is our former selves

i dont buy it
maybe im stupid
but
i believe what the bible says

Evolution is a thing of the past

This response submitted by Scott on 4/28/05 at 2:27 PM. ( ) 63.193.177.254

Most top biologists, physisists, and other scientists have disregarded macro evolution because the evidence hasn't supported it. Darwin based his theory on micro evolution (the fact that there is variety within the species such as some birds having longer beaks, etc.), and said that the fossil record, being so incomplete at the time of Darwin's life, would prove macro evolution (species evolving from one species to another due to random mutations). However, the fossil record is now pretty complete and not one cross species example has ever been found. In the past, all "missing links" between apes and men, or even between animals and other species of animals have been proven to be frauds, fakes, mistakes, or sloppy science. Also, now that the human genome project is complete, scientists realize how complex even simple life forms and how impossible it would be for them to evolve randomly. The third law of thermo-dynamics states that order cannot evolve from chaos. Things in the universe become less ordered, not more. Add to this the fact that scientist have never--even after countless experiments--been able to duplicate the creation of even the most basic single celled organism. Not only that, but scientists can't even create proteins randomly out of amino acids or amino acids randomly out of molecules. Most top scientists have switched to the Intelligent Design theory, which is another way of saying we were created by the creator.

the earth is only 5000 year old

This response submitted by need no books- bible only on 4/28/05 at 4:18 PM. ( ) 63.22.198.188

i still say it's flat too-- what REAL evidense is there that its round

Typical

This response submitted by Scott on 4/28/05 at 6:27 PM. ( ) 63.193.177.254

It's typical of people who still push evolution to try to belittle those who don't. They are the ones who are narrow-minded. Just because someone doesn't believe that people and animals magically changed themselves into other species, doesn't mean they are ignorant. There are plenty of scientists who believe the Bible. However, even many scientists who don't believe in the Bible believe in intelligent design. Science is on the side of creationists. Creationists just have to believe that we were created; many creationists don't believe in the Bible. Evolution (macro evolution from one species to another) is fiction. Give one example from the fossil record of a missing link. Give one scientific experiment where scientists created life duplicating what life was like millions of years ago. Just one...?

word

This response submitted by elic on 4/28/05 at 7:26 PM. ( ) 66.82.9.63

I give a big thumbs up to my fellow bible readers

No need for a debate about this question

This response submitted by Kim on 4/28/05 at 7:37 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

The laws of human physics, time and space do NOT apply to the GODs.

Those that believe in GOD and have faith, are satisfied with our guide book known as the Bible. We do not ask GOD to prove anything to us. It is the other way around. WE have to prove our self to him...

Prove it !

This response submitted by It's just me. on 4/28/05 at 7:53 PM. ( ) 64.28.54.237

Scientists want everything being proven. Intellectual people do the same. Wasn't Satan who keeps on bothering Jesus to prove everything that he says too? What does that tell you?

Somewhere in the bible it stated that we were created by God in the same image as Him. God doesn't have a physical body. We have the same essence as Him. I don't need to have that proven either. I'm not Satan.

Scott, you were doing so well and then you went stupid

This response submitted by George on 4/28/05 at 7:59 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.135

Kim said it quite well. Religion is about FAITH and if you believe without proof, than nothing will ever be proven for you. Having said that, you're clueless to your statement on "no evidence of cross linking has ever been discovered". The THEORY (scientific theory, not fundamental theory) is that the animals had common ancestry at some point. And MONKIES are not that point. Every day new evidence is being found in fossil remains that prove "faith" to have erred. People like you try to debunk facts by ridiculing fossil remains. As I've said here before, I'm sorry your God isn't capable of doing all the things science is discovering. My God is capable of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. I don't pretend to know how He designed this world or us and if I did, I still couldn't create the smallest grain of sand to begin with.

Those that BELIEVE in GOD........

This response submitted by Kim on 4/28/05 at 8:13 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

1. Those humans that believe in GOD and have FAITH; have been CALLED by GOD.
2. Only the foolish say there is no GOD. They will receive their own form of judgment.
3. For those of us that believe in GOD and worship him, we should not cast our pearls before swine, least any of us might be turned away by the smooth words of man.

Kim

Jim Jones

This response submitted by % on 4/28/05 at 9:07 PM. ( ) 128.241.42.252

a man born 25 years too early

good answers Kim

This response submitted by paul e on 4/29/05 at 1:13 PM. ( americanmetalfab@bellsouth.net ) 65.6.66.146

i work a altre 3 or 4 times a week
ive seen God not man or science do many miracles
i dont need any other input to convince me otherwise
i suppose their is still a lot of mystery
but
some things get clearer if you know how to listen
and who to listen to
opinions sold for fact to our kids is disgraceful
the debate will go on
if you know where you are going by Gods promise
the rest of the disinformation
doesnt really matter
i know that i know that i know that Jesus is waiting for me

George

This response submitted by Scott on 5/2/05 at 1:00 PM. ( ) 63.193.177.254

I didn't say a person didn't have to have faith. I do believe, however, that God doesn't want us to have blind faith. If he did, he wouldn't have put so much proof of his existance around us. I have faith. I also believe that to be a Christian is logical. Many scientists, philosophers, mathematitions, biologists, geologists, physisists, etc. also believe in God. I'm sorry you believe that God "isn't capable of doing all the things science is discovering." My God certainly is, but that doesn't mean I have to believe in evolution, which states things weren't created, but came about by random mutation. I disagree with you about the fossil record. Once again, I ask you to cite one example of a link proving one species evolved into another. Just one example. The fact that humans and monkeys look alike and can be classified into similar phyllums, and families, doesn't not prove that they did in fact have the same ancestry.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu