aztek 4700 help

Submitted by guy peters on 4/28/05 at 4:42 PM. ( guyandkali@yahoo.com ) 24.118.103.191

Hi, I just bought a used aztek 4700 series airbrush and have tried every nozzle, and I cant get fine detail, they all spray med, I have tried adjusting the knob at the rear top of the airbrush, adjusting air pressure, with no change in spray pattern, do I need a new nozzle or what am I doing wrong? thanks Guy

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Sounds familiar

This response submitted by duckfeathers on 4/28/05 at 5:19 PM. ( ) 70.110.188.197

I like the Aztec but never could get fine detail with them.
For fine detail I use an Iwata Custom Micron. For broad area work I use the Aztec with the blue nozzle. I paint pearl areas by hand. And use an old Binks C for pearl misting. For finish coating I have a Devilbliss touch up gun.

thin paint

This response submitted by Frank E Kotula on 4/29/05 at 6:11 AM. ( basswtrout@msn.com ) 141.158.134.94

Don't know what's wrong but there is no reason you can't get fine detail with the air brush. First thin your paint down with some alchol and a few drops of retarder. Make sure you have the fine tip in, I belive it's the tan one. Stay about 1/4" away from your work area. Gently pull the trigger back to get the smallest dot or you can set the roller to make the small dots. Have a tooth brush on hand to clean the dried paint that will generally attach to the tip. Brush it off every now and then and keep clean.
It takes pratice to learn on how to get detail. I will say the Iwata's are one of the top of the line air brushes to get detail work. I know I have three of them and two Aztec's.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu