So how do you know if you, a loved one, or someone who reports to you is suffering from burnout? Here are the early-warning signs.
1. Chronic fatigue - exhaustion, tiredness, a sense of being physically run down
2. Anger at those making demands
3. Self-criticism for putting up with the demands
4. Cynicism, negativity, and irritability
5. A sense of being besieged
6. Exploding easily at seemingly inconsequential things
7. Frequent headaches and gastrointestinal disturbances
8. Weight loss or gain
9. Sleeplessness and depression
10. Shortness of breath
12. Feelings of helplessness
13. Increased degree of risk taking
Time to huntin or fishing, don't you think!?!
Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu
These are the same symptoms of prolonged guilt. Are you hiding something from your loved-ones as well? These are the same things that an alcohol or drug dependent deals with when they are hiding their addiction.
this is a cut and paste from the MSN home page today. No guilt here Dr Spock. Interesting full article that might relate to several taxidermists I can think of.
that you really had the addiction I was referring to. Sorry if it looked as if I was pointing the finger. Pete