Tenbears, a story you might enjoy

Submitted by George on 10/15/05 at 10:57 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.117.9

I read below with some interest that you were a veterinarian in "your other life" and how taxing it was. Maybe you can appreciate this story from my vet.

He got a case of food poisoning and was taken by ambulance to the local ER for treatment. As he lay there with only a curtain separating him from the next patient, he heard the doctor come in and introduce himself to that patient. The nurse gave him the vitals and described the lady as being 80, alert, but non-responsive to questions.

Dr. "Where do you hurt".
Patient: no reponse

Dr: "Is there any particular area that is causing you pain?"
no reponse

Dr: "Look, you have to tell me what's wrong with you before I can help you."
no response

In frustration the doctor came over to my vet's cubicle. As he opened the curtain, he looked directly at the vet and said, " My job's tough enough without that kind of stuff. How am I supposed to treat anyone who won't talk to me?"

My vet, without missing a beat said, " Don't ask me that question. I'm a veterinarian and I do it every day." Both of them broke out laughing.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Funny, But very True.

This response submitted by Tenbears on 10/16/05 at 9:55 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

Once I was called out to a small farm that had 2 quarter horse Mares. One of them was laying down moaning in pain, and when made to stand would lay right back down. wile talking to the lady on the phone I asked the standard battery of questions. Have you changed feed? No! when was the last time you noticed the horse had a bowel movement? Her stall was cleaned last evening just before feeding, and this morning there are 5 piles. Could the mare be pregnant? No most certainly, we have no stallions and the mare has not been off the property. I headed off to examine the horse. When I arrived the mare was on her feet in fine shape, with a cute little brown and white baby by her side. Since I was there. I did an exam and put iodine on the umbilical cord. wile I was working the lady kept saying how she could not understand it. And asked it could be a left over pregnancy from before they bought the horse 5 years ago. Any way miraculous as it was she had a foal, I told her it was a quality baby, and being pinto, she would have no trouble getting rid of it. As I left her barn. I looked across to the neighboring pasture to see a gorgeous paint stud looking back at us with a smile on his face. I said nothing and got in my truck.

figures!

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 10/16/05 at 3:06 PM. ( ) 67.138.11.116

Heck, that wasnt a smart animal story, just a stupid human story! Veterinarians need patients...and patience!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu