Senior project idea

Submitted by Nina Lukaszewicz on 10/18/05 at 11:09 PM. ( 1224@earthlink.net ) 4.249.174.113

Tonight I got a really good idea for a senior project for my school. I'm only in ninth grade, my first year of high school. But soon it will be time to start thinking about what I want to do for my project.

Our school's mascot is the Ram. I was thinking it would be awesome to create a lifesize Bighorn sheep mount and donate it to our school to display for everyone to enjoy. I could save up the money to buy a form, lifesize skin, and horns, as well as other materials needed.

Even if I could not get the money for a lifesize, I could still make a pedestal mount with a nice base. Either way, a mount like this would be a really nice display for my school. As far as the anti-hunters and all that, and people who might oppose the idea, I think everything's going to be ok on this issue. My school is located right in the rural area and almost everyone hunts. We even have a Camo day! lol

Although this plan may sound far-fetched, I think it's something that I could make happen if I could get the money for supplies. And it would be one good senior project to top off my last year in high school, dont you think? :)

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Nina

This response submitted by Jim B on 10/18/05 at 11:35 PM. ( ) 207.200.116.73

Get a grip.Do you know how much all that would cost? With reproduction horns you're getting close to $4000.00.If you could come up with that kind of money wouldn't it be better spent elsewhere?

Neat Idea.........

This response submitted by Old Fart on 10/18/05 at 11:57 PM. ( ) 64.122.57.79

.....But why does it have to be a bighorn? Jim's right, that would be expensive. How about a exotic ram? Not nearly as expensive and I would bet that there are folks here that could fix you up with a nice set of horns and a lifesize skin. It's not like it has to be done tomorrow, you've got lots of time to get the details worked out. I, for one, thing it's a great idea. After all, a Ram is a Ram!

rams

This response submitted by Nina Lukaszewicz on 10/19/05 at 6:46 AM. ( 1224@earthlink.net ) 4.249.42.54

You're right Old Fart, it doesn't have to be a bighorn. It doesn't even have to be lifesize either. A pedestal mount with an attactive base would be just as good. Thanks for the ideas. This won't be something I'll be looking into til a few years go by, because right now I'm really busy and have other mounts to do. I siad it would just be a really good idea for the future. :)

Better develop a thick skin Nina

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 10/19/05 at 9:59 AM. ( ) 64.184.41.190

You're gonna have lots of derrogatory comments about your ram and what you do from ignorant people. You could even end up with a poltically correct school board rejecting it.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu