since when have possum been in danger

Submitted by antlerman on 10/20/05 at 2:00 AM. ( ) 4.224.78.177

I had a possum i listed on ebay and they took it off and siad it was aginst there policy but yet i saw a possum mounted for sale on there mine was whole frozen for life size anyone else have this problem.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

no whole animals anymore

This response submitted by ebay on 10/20/05 at 7:42 AM. ( ) 199.222.136.142

can't be whole frozen. or at least it can't be at time of shipment and must state it has to be skinned before shipping.

BS

This response submitted by Doug on 10/20/05 at 7:49 AM. ( ) 64.18.238.226

"THEIR POLICY" regarding some animals or parts thereof have no bioLOGICal basis. Whoever censors this area for ebay has little if any knowledge of taxidermy, zoology, conservation, or game laws. If you are creative with your description you can probably get your opossum listed.

LOOK

This response submitted by B on 10/20/05 at 11:01 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.134

It is just this simple. Ebay policy does and always has forbidden the sale of food. A few years ago the anti's lobbied To Ebay that whole animals could, and should be considered food. Ebay being Anti advocates. naturally agreed with them. And will cancel any listing for whole animals. If one simply states that the picture was taken of the whole animal for reference purposes, and only the hide is being sold. They will not pull the sale. and you will have successfully paid a sales commission to ebay so they can continue to support the Anti's.

untrue

This response submitted by Tara on 10/20/05 at 4:13 PM. ( ) 64.90.92.39

you can sell food on ebay and there is alot of it on there edible and drinkable

Okay Okay

This response submitted by B on 10/23/05 at 8:36 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.134

I knew when I hurriedly wrote the post some Jackass would pick every coma, and I dot to pieces. When the whole thing came about in June of 2001 the argument was that the meat contained on the carcass of a whole frozen specimen. Constituted unprocessed meat that was not properly inspected and packaged. Thus making it a violation of ebay policy. There now you happy [expletive deleted]. we took the time to spell out everything for you.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu