NERD needed.

Submitted by Glen Conley on 10/22/05 at 10:03 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.105.118.150

Dear NERD:
I have a question that I need some help with.
Are the files and folders of Out Look Express stored in memory or C drive?

I already know that one of you NERD whizzes know that one, but I have to plead ignorance.
Thanks.
Glen

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

depends on when

This response submitted by - on 10/23/05 at 12:11 AM. ( ) 216.144.58.75

Depends on "when" you are asking about the files - during user or cpu access or after?
Windows answer: All files are temporarily written to the swap file or paging file. Once they are written to this file, they are committed to sectors on the hard drive. Where on the hard drive is up to where the user installed the program.
It might not be c:\ - it depends on where the user has installed OE Express.
OE sucks, it's a magnet for viruses and worms. Very insecure. Ditch it.

Thanks, G!

This response submitted by Glen on 10/23/05 at 12:37 AM. ( ) 70.105.118.150

Wink, wink. You can only hide behind that Hyphen Guy/Boy disguise for so long before someone recognizes your writing style. We'll keep that secret identity our little secret. If we don't, everyone here will be wanting your autograph.

You Can Find

This response submitted by Bill Paterson on 10/23/05 at 3:55 PM. ( b.v.paterson@stn.net ) 199.243.21.140

out where they are stored on your PC by right clicking on the folder of choice (e.g., Inbox). Then click on "Properties"

You should get a response, showing where the files reside.

As an example, when I do the above, it shows the "Inbox" residing at
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\{0EEB2770-4F5B-4991-B692-A80B2FA81291}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx

Please unserstand that these messages are saved as data files. They can only be (safely) accessed, moved, or deleted through the OE application.

-Hope this helps...

Bill

Thanks, Bill!

This response submitted by Glen on 10/23/05 at 5:50 PM. ( ) 70.105.118.150

It helped. I was able to find the answer I was looking for.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu