Taxidermy people in Hurrican Wilma

Submitted by George on 10/25/05 at 7:17 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.117.9

Just talked to Steve Steinbring of Epo-Grip fame. His family is doing quite well, but he says that only 19 traffic lights out of af ew thousand are operating around Miami and they're being told to expect to be without power for up to 4 weeks in some places.

Katrina seems to have taken all our feelings and sometimes we expect Floridians are "used to it" in hurricanes, but no one can compete with the forces of nature. Though Wilma wasn't as bad as some, she was still as bad as a hurricane can get to the people who endured it. Say a prayer for them as well.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Can you imagine what it was like in Cancun?

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 10/25/05 at 7:55 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.26

Wilma just stayed in one spot I believe for two or three days.

And that is the very reason

This response submitted by Evelyn on 10/26/05 at 9:51 AM. ( taxidermyranch@aol.com ) 205.188.116.139

why we need to keep donating to the Taxidermist Emergency Relief Fund.
It seems like Mother Nature is throwing us one curve ball after another lately. Our funds are depleting faster then donations coming in. Please visit TERF and help out your fellow taxidermists in need. We all benefit from it. Thank you.

I did Evelyn and I will again.

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 10/26/05 at 1:14 PM. ( ) 64.184.41.26

Just waiting for two accounts to be paid in full.

Thank you Cecil

This response submitted by Evelyn on 10/26/05 at 5:49 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

and it is very very much appreciated too.

Cecil, you're a good man

This response submitted by George on 10/26/05 at 11:19 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.139

Even if you are a liberal. LOL Thanx.

Thanks

This response submitted by Dave Mele Ugly Mutts Taxidermy on 10/27/05 at 1:04 PM. ( dmele@slcfd.org ) 63.144.252.82

Just want to say thanks for those thinking of us down here in FL.
I am just to the north of where the eye exited FL, we had no relief of the eye passing over so the winds were pretty constant. I work for the Fire District and was on duty during the event. We were first to go out for damage assesment and scene mitigation, the damage was'nt very sencere due to the two hurricanes from last year coming thru our area. We lost 96% of our power and we are up to 56% restored from our latest EOC breifing, I still don't have power at my house yet, my freezers are still good thanks to the generators so I have'nt lost any critters.
The weather is great, sunny and cool so that is a big help dealing with all this. Gotta go, Fire alarm came in.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu