Steel Tubing

Submitted by Jerry Hart on 10/28/05 at 8:40 PM. ( kingoharts@frontiernet.net ) 65.73.251.115

I'm having a difficult time locating a good supply of steel tubing and key stock to use for detachable antlers. I know that I can order it from some of the supply catalogs, but I'm looking for a good supply to keep on hand. Anyone know where I may be able to locate any on line?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Local steel dealer

This response submitted by Crusty on 10/28/05 at 9:04 PM. ( ) 209.165.183.148

or local steel fabrication shop/machine shop. For what you usually pay at Home Depot/Lowes for a 4ft chunk, you can buy 20ft from a steel supplier. Key stock is also available from any good bearing supply house.......

on line

This response submitted by Mr.T on 10/28/05 at 9:19 PM. ( ) 64.31.7.187

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=894&step=2

Thanks

This response submitted by Jerry Hart on 10/28/05 at 10:41 PM. ( kingoharts@frontiernet.net ) 65.73.251.110

Thanks for your responses. I live in a very small Arizona town and am about 4 hours from any Local anything.
I appreciate your replys and will try the online thing
Thanks again
Jerry

Jerry, you know that doesn't work

This response submitted by George on 10/28/05 at 11:16 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.139

Square tubing is what I'm ASSUMING you're using, but to make that work, it always has to be jury rigged. The ID of square tubing does not match up with the OD of any other square tubing without some play involved. When I do those things, I just charge enough to cover the ones in the catalog. I use McKenzie's and they're machined close tolerant with glue grooves on them. I order them at the same time I order the manikin and I don't need to keep any extra on hand unless I just want to.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu