Ebay idocy!

Submitted by R. Lee on 10/31/05 at 9:04 PM. ( ) 209.247.222.96

Just the other day Ebay pulled three of my auctions - two domestic cat skulls and one domestic dog - so I went and checked the animal parts rule section and nowhere does it say a word about domestic dog or cat skulls/bones - only skins....just wondering if anyone else ever has this sort of problem with Ebay (don't take me wrong - it's a great place to make a buck - I've found some great things and sold buku stuff there)?

I told them I wanted the stuff re-listed as there is no prohibition against these items but have yet to hear back. I also do faux taxidermy and darned if they don't pull that stuff accusing me of selling endangered animal parts - even when I put the word "faux" and "replica" in the auction listing over and over.....grrrrrr!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Don't you know................

This response submitted by Legal Guy on 11/1/05 at 9:39 AM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

the selling of domestic dog and cat: skulls, fur,skins, bone etc. is illegal in many areas.

yep..

This response submitted by fancie on 11/3/05 at 4:05 AM. ( fancietaxidermy@hotmail.com ) 4.159.122.84

I get my stuff pulled all the time - normally all my auctions have nearly the same wording. one time ebay pulled HALF of them because my fed permit wasn't clear enough but let the other half stay up, yet the let others on without a picture of there permit. I kinda wish they would warn me before they pulled them so I could fix the problem - rather than make me repost them. If I didn't make so much off of them I would go somewhere else - but I don'y know of other options.
and there customer service is very poor.. give them about a week - especally if they just got done pulling alot of auctions!

Bunch of pea brains..

This response submitted by R. Lee on 11/3/05 at 10:54 PM. ( ) 209.247.222.96

The only law I know about is the ban on FUR of domestic dogs and cats - and Ebay's rules say exactly that. Not skulls, bones, claws or anything else. They refused to let me re-list (thankfully I sold one to a bidder who contacted me thru another item listing) yet could site no where on their rules page to back it up.

Worse yet, every night I search for stuff and find migratory birds and e ven raptor skulls for sale - and Ebay seems to turn a blind eye to that stuff....there were even a couple of alleged tiger claws that they didn't touch....hypocrisy at its best IMO.

Well, I suppose I could do like that one seller who lists everything by its latin name....dim bulbs at Ebay and most everyone who looks won't have a clue....only those seriously interested and collectors will know. In the mean time, if anyone's interested, I moved the unsold ones over to Zoobay. I'll sell them one way or the other.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu