Answer your own stupid question!

Submitted by Glen Conley on 10/13/05 at 10:12 AM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.105.118.150

Can I ask a stupid question

This response submitted by George on 10/11/05 at 9:27 PM. ( georoof@aol.com <Mailto:georoof@aol.com> ) 64.12.116.72

Those of you who CLAIM to get good responses from your website, would you mind explaining to me how anyone FINDS your website? I don't think I'd have that much luck if I had a big 12 pointer on the ground and then I went inside to the computer, clicked on Google, and typed in "Taxidermist in or near BumFlock, Egypt". I'd almost bet they heard of you or from you by some other means than the computer. They were just price shopping without dialing you personally. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd question how the INTERNET can boost business on such a minute scale as taxidermy.

End of quote.

Answer your own stupid question! Do I LOOK like a school marm!?!

Uncle George, I'm tellin' ya know, they're expectin' these computer thangs to ketch on.

I know you like to Google things (there ARE other search engines), so I set up a little practice drill for you. Go to Google and enter each of the below search phrases, make note of the number of returns also, I think you will find a definite pattern.

Once you have picked up on the obvious pattern, would you care to share that with us? You might even ask that person as to what a taxidermy web site has done for them. By the way, what's your association with that individual?

new jersey taxidermist
new jersey taxidermists (sorry, but you will have to go to #25 on this one)
new jersey taxidermy
n j taxidermy
nj taxidermy
taxidermy new jersey
taxidermist new jersey
taxidermists new jersey (#26, damn plurals)
taxidermists new jersey whitetail
taxidermist new jersey whitetail
taxidermist new jersey whitetail deer
taxidermists new jersey whitetail deer
whitetail deer new jersey (return #32 of 302,00)
whitetail deer taxidermy new jersey

Now, the next time someone asks a stupid question, tell them to use that orange button to the left and type in stupid question.

P.S.
Uncle George sometimes ya just need a guide to get them thar big 12 pointers.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

George and I

This response submitted by Alex on 10/13/05 at 11:17 AM. ( ) 66.32.35.205

Are from an era past, we believe in being upfront and upright and so we also believe computers are only good to come to sites like this and chew the fat and tell you A holes what A holes you are.

He he he he LOL

The old "boys" stir the pot often

This response submitted by Kim (LMAO) on 10/13/05 at 11:56 AM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Glen,

LMAO: Make sure you don't say anything about a lap top computer. George will wet his diaper and say you are boasting. Also, never mention about having new equipment, employees,or a fresh cup of coffee. My goodness! You might be putting somebody down! (LOL) We might offend some person!

Take a lot of what some of these people say with a grain of salt. It is fun to argue a bit but it takes up too much time!

Guess I better get back to work....

Y.I.B.!

This response submitted by Glen on 10/13/05 at 2:21 PM. ( ) 70.105.118.150

I just imagine that's what Uncle George said to his computer after he did his drill. I always had him picked for one of those guys that talked to his television also. Now the old rascal's avoiding me.

Alex, you'll notice one thing about these computers, they're no where near as bad about bleeding in the pocket of your favorite Madras shirt pocket like the cartridge ink pens were. For you pups, Madras was before Paisley.

Just to see how high tech a red neck I could be, I called up that computer they use on Star Trek, and I said, "COMPUTER, fancy pants guy with new things, employees, fresh coffeee and a lap top".

It replied, " A check with Earth Google found the following:

colorado taxidermy studio
#2 and 5 of 35,500

colorado taxidermists
#23 and 27 of 33,800

colorado taxidermy
#8 of 143,000

co taxidermy
That dumb a$$ guide of yours needs a written reprimand. Seems he never thought about co being rhr first two letters of com, or the abbreviation for company. 345,000 returns. Didn't show much for carbon monoxide either.

c o taxidermy
See above.

taxidermy colorado
#18 and 20 of 143,00

taxidermist colorado
#25 of 30,800

taxidermists colorado
#8 and 15 of 33,800

taxidermists colorado whitetail
#2 of 33,300

taxidermist colorado whitetail
#1 of 564

taxidermist colorado whitetail deer
#1 of 32,000

taxidermists colorado whitetail deer
#2 of 32,600

whitetail deer colorado
#40 of 292,000

whitetail deer taxidermy colorado
#1 of 34,500."

And Uncle George sez, "Y.I.B., that's Kimmers. All these people I know ............".

Glen

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 10/13/05 at 3:47 PM. ( ) 67.138.8.75

Before I met you, I thought bots and spiders were flies and arachnids, and slippage was bacteria. I still dont know how you do it!

You give yourself too much credit Glen

This response submitted by George on 10/13/05 at 4:24 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.138

NO I DIDN'T. And there are imitators or Google, but there are no other search engines IMHO. And AS I SAID, I've got a deer on the ground and I"M GOING TO BE LOOKING ON THE DAMNED COMPUTER? You don't as much about good old boys as you think you do. Besides, they aren't looking for a NAME, they're looking for a PRICE and those entries don't cover that. And speaking of stupid questions, just wait til the next guys comes along and says, "DUH! you only listed New Jersey. I live in Arkansas."

I'll wait for your apology.

BTW Glen

This response submitted by George on 10/13/05 at 4:25 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.138

I notice it took you THREE DAYS to find enough information to answer me. LMAO.

Your apology, Sir,

This response submitted by Glen on 10/13/05 at 5:22 PM. ( ) 70.105.118.150

served on a Google Platter.

arkansas taxidermist
#5 and 6 of 19,400

arkansas taxidermists
#22 and 23 of 25,100

arkansas taxidermy
#25 of 92,400

taxidermy arkansas
#25 of 92,400

taxidermist arkansas
#12 and 13 of 19,400

taxidermists arkansas
#25 and 26 of 25,100

taxidermists arkansas whitetail
#4 of 20,400

taxidermist arkansas whitetail
#4 of 20,400

whitetail deer arkansas
#30 of 214,000

whitetail deer taxidermy arkansas
#1 of 21,600

What's with the "NO I DIDN'T." quote. Denial or something? Did you do your training drill? You better. If ya don't that New Jersey taxidermist gal is probably gonna kick yer butt.

Now for the next part of your training, all ya gotta do is start clicking on the doo whackers and you should be able to find some prices.

And Bill Yox, when you and I first met, you were considered the whitetail taxidermy mentor of the world wide web. At that time I didn't even have a computer, had someone else maintaining a website though, with poor results.......

Bill, think about how many peoples' lives you have influenced in a positive vein as a result of your writings. It has to be in the thousands at this time. Has to be. I would say you have definitely helped to make a mark on modern whitetail taxidermy.

One thing I can't figure though from all the stuff above. How's come Uncle George is looking for someone to mount his 12 point? Why doesn't he just use that orange button and do it himself?

Just for shtz and giggles I went to two search engines

This response submitted by George on 10/13/05 at 5:33 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.133

I typed in Delaware Taxidermists and DE Taxidermists. Once I discounted every entry tied back into the taxidermy net, I limited the search to within 25 miles of Dover. The following taxidermists weren't every mentioned: Wood's Taxidermy, Rash's Taxidermy, D&J Taxidermy, Genesis Taxidermy, Oney & King Taxidermy, U R Stuffed Taxidermy, and Holly Swamp Taxidermy. Now that's in Delaware alone, the second smallest state in the union. Can you imagine how many they miss in Texas and the like? Anyone can SAY they get lost of business from their website and they'll have just as much proof as I do when I say they're full of crap. If there's anything a website can do it's to post your pricelist so they don't call you. The only calls I get from a silly yellow page add is from drunks at 2 in the morning looking for a cab. And the yellow pages are a whole lot more accessible than the internet when all Billy Bob has is his cell phone. If he KNOWS my name, he can always dial National 411 for contact.

here`s one

This response submitted by Travis on 10/13/05 at 5:41 PM. ( ) 130.76.96.14

"Those of you who CLAIM to get good responses from your website, would you mind explaining to me how anyone FINDS your website?"

I can`t explain it but I can tell ya it works...and I owe it all to Glen cause he`s the man who pushed mine to the top. Now I`m doing cats for people all over the US...Thanks Glen...do a search for "taxidermy bobcat"

I agree with you Travis

This response submitted by Eddie Johnson on 10/13/05 at 6:00 PM. ( ed@backcreektaxidermy.com ) 12.6.13.222

I use google alot and after I had my site set up I showed up at the bottom of page 5. "Thanks to Glenn" adding me to his sites I now come as #2 on page 1 when you type in NC taxidermist. Thanks Glenn.

Eddie Johnson

Conley, you're a trip

This response submitted by George on 10/13/05 at 9:16 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.133

Now all you have to do is teach Creager how to read. LMAO.

thats a good one, George

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 10/13/05 at 10:17 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.36

But, does he have to learn how to read, or learn how to read his OWN spelling. Now THERES a challenge! And Glen still rocks.

Delaware......Delaware.....Delaware........

This response submitted by Glen on 10/14/05 at 1:20 AM. ( ) 70.105.118.150

Isn't that the state George Washington threw the silver dollar across? Heck, couple of Campbells's soup cans and some old kite string and you're in the communications business up there. Don't need computers or telephones. Need to call home, just pick up a can and start talking.......

Texas did you say? You're really going to have to learn how to do this drill yourself.

texas taxidermy
#8 of 243,000

texas taxidermist
Our man Brent's 3D-Outdoors Taxidermy Studio site now occupies number one spot. His site knocked Piggy out of that position, but all is not lost. She has number 4 and 5 spots out of that 79,500. In theory it is possible to put a linking partner's site in a higher ranking position than the "hub" site.

texas taxidermists
#4 of 41,600.

And then we have #1 spot with texas whitetail taxidermists of 48,200.

Ya got the drift of the variables, there will be bunches more.

In the original post asking if a website was worthwhile, Mark Carlson (#4 of 22,800 minnesota taxidermist),Fritz Birkhimer (#5 off the directory, #7 with his own site of 30,100 Ohio taxidermist),Richard G. Santomauro (nj taxidermist #2 31,300)responded with "yes", as did Doug of Wolverine Taxidermy and R. Lee of www.carnefx.com. The first three guys recommended Jason for website services, and they are also linking partners. The other two are apparently doing their own sites.

Bear in mind, everyone is going to speak from their own experience.

The guy that owned the hosting server company that I had the original Whitetail Designer Systems site with told me that the web does not work for 90% of the people BECAUSE 90% of the people don't know how to make the web work for them. You don't have to be a mechanic to drive a car. Another thing he told me that really stuck in my mind was that the average commercial .com site received 40 visitors per day.

I tell everyone that websites are like any other form of advertising. Works great for some and others is doesn't, and you really nver know as to when or who it is going to work for. All you can do is to take the shot. The shot will not be worth diddly squat if done improperly.

Lonny Travis, Evelyn Mills, Dan Moon and myself started the hidetanning.net site to promote taxidermy and taxidermists. That got the original traffic flow started. I saw days when Evelyn's skull cleaning article brought in 80, 90 and 100 visitors in a day, and it ran like that for days at a time. Shortly after that, Jason started doing websites for taxidermists at a nominal fee. He and I got together and figured between the two of us we knew about enough to be dangerous. So he and I have done "Our thing", and his clients have put the icing on the cake with their websites.

Three different times in the past few weeks I have had "non-taxidermy" people tell me as to how impressive the World's Purdiest Taxidermists' Directory looked. I took that as one of those ultimate compliments. If you haven't seen that directory, you really need to take a look. You'll see that the taxidermy industry has a lot of shakers and movers.

Now, Uncle George has all of a sudden gotten bashful on us. He wouldn't 'fess up to the fact that the New Jersey taxidermist with the high web visibility is Sandy Sylvester, one of our original linking partners and one of George's past students.

To you other guys, "Glen rocks?", heck that's what I thought about you guys. Must be that mutual admiration society thing going on.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu