Heres a George update from the sore, sorry source

Submitted by Bill Yox on 3/1/06 at 9:54 PM. ( ) 67.138.14.40

I talked to him at his home this afternoon. He foolishly told me it hurts him to cough, sneeze or laugh. Now, I dont know how to make a guy on the phone sneeze or cough, but I WAS able to make his ribs hurt!

In all seriousness, most of you know what was ailing him. The worst part, as you know, was that the Drs couldnt tell him who, what, where, why or how. Finally, now he has a diagnosis. Theres no cure, but he knows now how he can live with it with little trouble. Ill leave those particulars for him to discuss with you all, when hes ready. I asked him what I or all of us could do. Other than beating Cecil (a joke, guys) he said hes ok. He did ask that I take the time to tell you all of this, and also that he was simply very tired from the last few days, and that he would need a day or two before getting back here again. He cares a lot for all of you, whether you are at the stage in your taxidermy forums career to understand this or not. He is one outstanding individual, as our frequent posts to him can attest. His biggest worry? Hes upset that this might tire his wife Connie! She also is doing fine, though. But George still worries. By the way, dont worry about his passing out, the doc believes that was simply because of the intense pain, and nothing more.

Folks, I would love to see you all take the time to write George and let him know how you feel about him, to put him on the mend. You ALL know his email, georoof@aol.com. Hes so worried about the NTA, yes, he speaks his mind, but he still wants it to do so well. Same with this site, all the beginners, all his friends, everyone. So let him know, one on one, via email. I know, we all wont get to read the long versions, but this is for him and you. I know he would never ask for this, so thats why I am asking. Thanks, I want him to know what you all think. For the one or two jacka$$es that would post crap, please dont bother, or Ill send Big Earl out after you.

One last thing, I know he will wind up reading this, but regardless, dont mention I wrote this and asked this of you all, just email him anyway. He is our friend...

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Bill

This response submitted by Becky P on 3/1/06 at 10:08 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.203

Thanks for the update.
BP

Thank you,

This response submitted by Frank E Sekula on 3/1/06 at 10:19 PM. ( taxidermy223@yahoo.com ) 68.249.148.127

Bill for the update on Mr. Roof. We have never meet but on this great WASCO forum but I feel that I know him and I care about his medical condition and I am also waiting for the day to read his words of wisdom. So george we hope for a speedy recovery.

Nice to hear good news!

This response submitted by JB on 3/1/06 at 10:43 PM. ( mrjwbest@yahoo.com ) 64.70.24.58

I'm happy to hear that Ol George is at home and on his way to recovery!
I found this site three years ago when first starting out in taxidermy, and I knew after an hour that he was a guy to pay attention to, as far as information was concerned.
He probably has no clue who I even am, but I did call him at one point with a question during one of my first mounts, and he was a GREAT help, with his kind personality coming through while he spoke.
We welcome you back when you are up to it George, and thanks for all that you've done for all of us that have utilized your advice, among many others in here. - JB "Silver Creek Taxidermy"

Email sent Dadgummit!

This response submitted by TeddtyS on 3/1/06 at 11:12 PM. ( ) 65.188.128.167

Dadgummit! Who would have thunk it? I just emailed George. This must be a politcal year!

Bill thanks for letting us know about old Georgie boy! Heres to a speedy recovery George!

Thanks again,
TeddyS
The above statements are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect the thoughts, political views or opinions of George Roof.

just remember, its not about me

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/2/06 at 12:32 AM. ( ) 67.138.10.39

Im just the messenger! In fact, Jean Lavallee caught up with George while he was still in the hospital, that took some detective work to do. George transcends political beliefs and skin prep methods, so regardless of your views, email the old buzzard and make him healthy already! And be sure to ask about Connie!

Hey Bill

This response submitted by TeddyS on 3/2/06 at 4:44 AM. ( ) 65.188.128.167

I tried to email you. Can you email me your email addy at owner@ruralhalltaxidermy.com ? Thanks!
Teddy

Thanks for the update Bill

This response submitted by Joey Arender on 3/2/06 at 9:08 AM. ( J32a@aol.com ) 152.163.100.203

Its funny how we can all have disagreements about one thing or another but, when it really counts we all see eye to eye so to speak. Thanks again Joey

thanks Bill

This response submitted by paul e on 3/2/06 at 1:21 PM. ( amfpaul@bellsouth.net ) 70.156.90.34

glad to here he is getting out
we need him here
and im sure he is needed at home also
God bless him

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu