I dont know what to think about this....

Submitted by Gina on 3/1/06 at 9:54 PM. ( ) 24.20.207.217

So the same person who emailed me the rap sheets about the congress people sent me this. Let me know what you think...My interpretation of the statement is that anyone that comes to America and becomes an Amercan shall be nothing BUT American and hold no loyalty to any other country but America, in speech, patriotism and attitude....But I want to know if I interpreted it right...I agree that anyone that comes to america should learn our language and not expect us to learn thiers. It like that all over the worold, you go to germany, learn to speak german or they wont talk to you, same with every country. So let me know what you think.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall
be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an
American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...
and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I agree!

This response submitted by Doug on 3/1/06 at 10:13 PM. ( ) 64.18.237.62

A man who felt and spoke that way could NOT be elected to the presidency of the USA in this time of political correctness. Darn shame...eh? Reading Roosevet's words ought to give a loyal American goosebumps of pride.

Thats good!

This response submitted by MIKE on 3/2/06 at 8:52 AM. ( ) 207.200.116.198

It's a problem thats only going to get worse in time and it will never be their problem to learn our language it will be ours to learn theirs. You should see the store fronts in my town, they have both english and spainish on the windows and just in the last year bill boards are doing the same. We make it too easy for non english speaking people to get along in our country, I have no problem with imagrants lets face it some of them are an asset to this country, but atleast they speak english.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu